Emirates is the largest airline in the Middle East and operates over 3,600 flights per week from it's hub at Dubai International Airport (DXB). They fly to more than 160 destinations in 80 countries. Emirates is not part of any alliance, but they do partner with many airlines in which you can earn and redeem Emirates Skywards Miles.
flydubai is also part of the Emirates Skywards program. They are a government-owned budget airline based out of Dubai International Airport (DXB) that flies to over 100 different destinations, serving the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe from Dubai. flydubai is not part of any of the major alliances.
Emirates Credit Cards (AU)
Emirates offers one credit card for AU-based members. You can earn up to 1.5 Skywards Miles per $1 spent across the card and it offers a good amount of benefits.
- Two complimentary lounge passes for the primary cardholder per year at any Emirates Lounge in Australia when flying Emirates.
- One complimentary chauffeur-drive service per year to and from the airport when flying Emirates.
- Access to some of the most celebrated golf properties in the world. Play on world-famous Tournament Players Club (TPC) courses and receive on site perks at PGA Tour events.
- When you purchase your flights with your Emirates Citi World Mastercard, it may cover you and your family for International Travel Insurance when travelling overseas for medical expenses, loss or theft of personal items, unexpected trip cancellation and more.
- Enjoy a free bottle of wine every time you dine and pay with your Citi card at one of Citi's partner restaurants.
- With Citi PayAll, you can now pay for your rent, taxes, education fees, property management fees, childcare, miscellaneous bills and more using your Citi credit card.
Earn Emirates Miles with AU Credit Cards
Outside of the one credit card that Emirates offers, you can also earn Emirates Miles by earning rewards with partners and transferring those earned rewards directly to your Emirates Skywards account. This means you can use credit cards offered by these partners to build rewards that are transferable to Emirates.
Emirates has more than 10 transfer partners which are:
- American Express Membership Rewards (2:1)
- Citi Rewards (2.5:1 or 3:1 depending on card)
- ALL - Accor Live Limitless (2:1)
- Heathrow Rewards (1:1)
- Hilton Honors (10:1)
- World of Hyatt (2.5:1)
- IHG Hotels (5:1)
- Jumeirah Sirius Program (2:1)
- Marriott Bonvoy (3:1)
- Radisson Hotels (10:1)
- Shangri-La Golden Circle (1:1)
Out of these transfer parnters, the best option for earning Emirates Skywards Miles in Australia will be by using credit cards offered in the American Express Membership Rewards and Citi Rewards program. Both of these programs offer great credit cards that comes with a list of solid benefits. Points earned across both programs also have good transfer ratios which can help you keep a steady stream of Emirates Skywards Miles.