Wyndham Rewards Point Calculators
The Wyndham Rewards Points Calculators will calculate how many points you can earn, the cash value of points, and the transfer of points from Wyndham.
The Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an international U.S.-based hotel chain that consists of more than 9,000 hotels spanning 75 countries. It is one of the biggest hotel chains in the world.
Wyndham Hotel Brands
Wyndham has a total of 19 hotel brands and 7 destination brands across the globe. You can earn Wyndham Rewards Points staying at the following brands:
- Wyndham Grand
- Dolce Hotels and Resorts
- Esplendor Boutique Hotels
- Trademark Collection
- La Quinta Inns & Suites
- Wyndham Garden
- Microtel Inn & Suites
- Days Inn
- Super 8
- Howard Johnson
- Hawthorn Suites
- Club Wyndham
- Shell Vacations Club
- Margaritaville Vacation Club
- Landal Greenparks
- Wyndham Vacation Rentals
You can also earn and redeem Wyndham Rewards Points at hotels that fall under the Caesars Entertainment Rewards program.
Redeeming Rewards & Cash Value
The best value of Wyndham Points come from redeeming them at Wyndham Vacation Club and Caesars Entertainment properties which will give you 1 cent or higher per point. Overall, Wyndham Points can be redeemed for:
- Free Nights at Wyndham Properties
- Free Nights at Caesars Entertainment Properties
- Free Nights at with several other destination brands
- Gift Cards
- Tours & Activities
- Marathon MakeItCount Program
Wyndham Points Value Calculator
Use the Wyndham Points Value Calculator to calculate the average cash value of your Wyndham Points based on different redemptions. You can enter any amount of points in the field below.
All values on this page are in United States Dollars unless stated otherwise.
Redeem For Free Nights
The best value you can obtain from Wyndham Points will be when you use them for free nights at various properties. Wyndham's standard brands will give you around USD 0.6 cents per point on average which is worth around AUD 0.85 (at the time of writing this). Points can also be redeemed for free nights at Caesars Entertainment and Wyndham Vacation Club properties which will give you significantly more value with easy redemptions of around US$0.01 to US$0.015 cents (A$0.014 - A$0.021). You can also redeem points at several other destination brands which includes Wyndham Vacation Rentals, Cottages.com, and Landal Greenparks.
Wyndham Points can be redeemed for gift cards with over 100 different retailers for USD 0.33 to 0.37 cents in value. The higher the denomination, the more value you'll get out of your Wyndham Points. The denominations offered for each retailer will vary, but most are in your standard US$25, US$50, and US$100 denominations. The table below lists the value you'll get out of these redemptions.
|Denomination||Points Needed||Value (USD)|
Air & Car
Wyndham Points can be redeemed for flights and car rentals through the Wyndham Rewards Travel portal. Flights offer around USD 0.48 cents per point on average while cars look to be around USD 0.21 cents per point. While the flights could be something worth looking at, I advise to steer clear of the rental car redemptions as it offers some of the lowest value you can obtain using Wyndham Points.
You can use your Wyndham Points to purchase merchandise which includes brand name items ranging from coffee makers and handbags to chairs and Apple products. The value of your points will vary depending on what you're going for. When testing various items, I got an average value of around USD 0.2 cents per point. That's not to say that there aren't some hidden gems buried in the many items available.
Tours & Activities
Wyndham Points can be used to book various tours and activities around the world. This includes live entertainment, outdoor adventures, treasure hunts, and more. The value you get out of these type of redemptions will vary.
Wyndham owners can apply Wyndham Points to cover payment of maintenance fees, RCI exchange fees and more. Redemptions start at 10,000 points for a US$50 credit for:
- Club Wyndham Plus Assessment Fees
- Worldmark by Wyndham Dues, for TravelShare Members
- RCI Domestic or International Exchange Fee - Club Wyndham
- RCI Domestic or International Exchange Fee - WorldMark by Wyndham
- Shell Vacation Club Maintenance Fees
- Vacation Sidekick Annual Dues (US$59.95 credit)
Donate To Charity
Wyndham Points can be donated to more than 10 different charities starting at 500 points. This is the lowest redemption value available for Wyndham Points.
Wyndham has 14 transfer partners that you can transfer your earned points to. Those partners are:
- Aeromexico Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air China
- American Airlines
- Amtrak Guest Rewards
- Caesars Entertainment
- China Eastern Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Hainan Air
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Turkish Air
- United Airlines
With the exception of Caesars Entertainment, all transfer ratios are 5:1 meaning every 6,000 Wyndham Rewards Points you transfer will give you 1,200 miles/points with the partner program. This is a pretty decent transfer ratio and it can be worth it to transfer points to Wyndham's partners if you need to top off your account.
How To Transfer Wyndham Points
Transferring Wyndham Rewards Points to partners only requires a few steps. You will need at least 6,000 Wyndham Points in your account before you're able to transfer them to partners.
You can transfer Wyndham Points by following these steps:
- Go to the Wyndham Airline Miles & Partner Points page.
- Select the program you want to transfer your Wyndham Points to and click redeem.
- Select how many 6,000-point blocks you want to transfer to your selected partner.
- Enter your first/last name and your membership number with that partner.
- Agree to the terms and click Submit.
Wyndham Point Transfer Calculator
Use the Wyndham Point Transfer Calculator to calculate the transfer of Wyndham Rewards Points to airline, rail, and casino partners. You can enter any amount of Wyndham Points in the field below.
Wyndham Rewards Points are primarily earned by staying at Wyndham brand hotels and spending with their partners.
Earning Wyndham Points On Stays
Staying at Wyndham brand hotels is the easiest way to earn Wyndham Points if you're based in Australia. You can earn up to 10 base points per US$1 spent and up to an additional 20% bonus on top of that with respect to your Wyndham Elite status. That's a total of 12 Wyndham Points per US$1 spent.
Wyndham Base Points
You will earn 10 Wyndham Base Points per US$1 spent on the base rate of the room at Wyndham brand hotels with a minimum 1,000 points per stay. So stays that cost you US$100 or less will still give you a great return on points.
As an example, if your Wyndham Hotel stay costs you US$200 before taxes/fees, you would earn a total of 2,000 Wyndham Rewards Points. If your stay costs US$354 before taxes, you would earn 3,540 Wyndham Rewards Points. If you had a really short and/or cheap stay that cost you US$100 or lower, you would earn 1,000 Wyndham Points due to that being the minimum number of points you can earn on a stay.
Wyndham Elite Status Points
As you progress through the Wyndham Rewards Membership levels, you'll be able to earn additional bonus points thanks to the accelerated earning benefit. Based on your level, this will give you bonus points on top of the base points you earn as a member:
- Blue Member: No Bonus
- Gold Member: 10% Bonus
- Platinum Member: 15% Bonus
- Diamond Member: 20% Bonus
For example, if you were a Wyndham Rewards Gold Member you would earn a 10% bonus 10% on top of the 10 base points you would normally earn. This means you would earn an additional 1 point per US$1 spent for a total of 11 points. As a Platinum member you would receive a bonus 1.5 points for a total of 11.5 points and an additional 2 bonus points as Diamond for a total of 12 points per US$1 spent. These bonuses don't sound like a lot, but Wyndham Rewards Points have decent value which still makes these bonuses worth it in the long run.
Calculate Wyndham Points On Stays
The Wyndham Points Calculator will calculate total Wyndham Points based on spend and elite status. Wyndham Rewards Points are earned based on US$1. Other currencies will be converted to USD and then points will be calculated based on that amount. Remember that you will not earn base points on taxes and fees.
Wyndham's Travel Partners
You only have a few options if you're looking to earn additional Wyndham Rewards Points outside of staying at their hotel brands. This includes booking rentals with Avis, shopping through the Wyndham Shopping Portal, and booking tours and activities.
Do note that the Wyndham Shopping Portal is specific to the United States and United Kingdom, so if you make a purchase through the portal, make sure that the retailer ships to Australia.
|Avis||Book via avisworld.com/wyndham|
|Wyndham Shopping Portal||shopandearn.wyndhamrewards.com|
|Tours & Activities||Wyndham Experiences|
If you're short on Wyndham Rewards and you need points now, your best option is to buy them. Wyndham points aren't super expensive to buy, but they only allow you to buy a few points per year unlike other rewards programs.
Cost of Buying Wyndham Points
Wyndham Points can be purchased for USD 1.3 cents per point. This is the flat rate no matter how many points you purchase.
|Wyndham Points Cost|
|1,000 - 45,000 Points||US$0.13 Cents|
You can purchase Wyndham Points in 1,000-point increments. You can buy as little as 1,000 Wyndham Rewards Points for US$13 and as many as 45,000 Wyndham Rewards Points for US$585 in a single transaction. You can purchase up to a limit of 45,000 Wyndham Rewards Points per calendar year.
|Buy Wyndham Points Min/Max|
|Minimum Purchase||1,000 Points|
|Maximum Purchase||45,000 Points|
|Maximum Purchase||45,000 Points|
The purchase of Wyndham Points do not count towards elite status with Wyndham. An additional GST/HST charge applies to purchases by Canadian residents which will slightly increase the cost of buying Wyndham Points.
How To Buy Wyndham Rewards Points
Wyndham Rewards Points can be purchased directly through the Wyndham website and only requires a few steps.
- Go to Wyndham.com and sign into your Wyndham Rewards account.
- Once logged in, click on your name in the upper corner and go to My Account.
- Click on Purchase Points which is located on the left side of the page with the other options.
- Select how many Wyndham Points you want to buy.
- Enter in your payment information.
- Review the order and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click Pay Now.
Points should post to your account within 72 hours, but it usually only takes a few minutes.
Wyndham Elite Status
Wyndham Rewards Membership has 4 levels which are Blue, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond in which each level requires you to have a certain amount of nights spend at Wyndham brand hotels during the calendar year. When staying at Wyndham, a night is defined as an overnight stay at a Wyndham brand hotel. So if you were to check in on Wednesday and check out on Sunday, that would earn 4 nights. This is because you stayed overnight Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Since you checked out Sunday, you would not receive credit for an overnight stay that day.
Wyndham Blue Status
When you sign up for a Wyndham Rewards account, you will start at Wyndham Blue status. Signing up is free and Blue Status offers several perks that are very useful to anyone planning on staying at a Wyndham property. I recommend signing up even if you're only staying at Wyndham once due to the member savings and other perks you'll receive.
Wyndham Blue benefits include:
- Members Rate
- Earn & Redeem Points
- Rollover Nights
- Nights that are unused towards earning status will roll over into the next calendar year.
- Free WiFi
- go free PLUS $5 Discount
- When booking a stay on all points, receive a $5 discount gift code to save on an exciting local experience.
- go fast PLUS $5 Discount
- When booking a stay on all points plus cash, receive a $5 discount gift code to save on an exciting local experience.
Wyndham Gold Status
Wyndham Gold membership is the second level in the Wyndham Rewards program. It offers bonus points, late checkout, and preferred room choice. You can earn Wyndham Gold status by meeting one of the following requirement during the calendar year:
- Stay 5 nights at Wyndham Rewards Hotels
Wyndham Gold benefits include:
- 10% Bonus Points
- This is in addition to the 10 base points you would normally earn for a total of 11 points per US$1 spent.
- Late Checkout
- Preferred Room Choice
- If you have a preferred room type in the same category that you originally booked, you can request it.
- Dedicated Member Services
- go free PLUS $10 Discount
- Benefits of Wyndham Blue Member
Wyndham Platinum Status
Wyndham Platinum is the third level in the Wyndham Rewards program. This level adds on early check-in, car rental upgrades, and Caesars Rewards status match. You can qualify for Wyndham Platinum status by meeting one of the following requirements during the calendar year:
- Stay 15 nights at Wyndham Rewards Hotels
- Via status match from Caesars Entertainment Rewards Platinum
Wyndham Platinum benefits include:
- 15% Bonus Points
- This will give you a bonus 1.5 points on top of the 10 base points you would normally earn for a total of 11.5 Wyndham Points per US$1 spent.
- Early Check-In
- Caesars Rewards Status Match (Platinum)
- Avis and Budget Car Rental Upgrade
- You will receive a free upgrade on your rental car at locations in the U.S. and Canada only (excludes Quebec).
- Benefits of Wyndham Gold
Wyndham Diamond Status
Wyndham Diamond is the fourth and highest level in the Wyndham Rewards program. This level adds on the final touches of suite upgrades, welcome gifts, and the ability to gift status. You can qualify for Wyndham Diamond status by meeting one of the following requirements during the calendar year:
- Stay 40 nights at Wyndham Rewards Hotels
- Via status match with Caesars Diamond status
Wyndham Diamond benefits include:
- 20% Bonus Points
- This is an additional 2 points on top of the 10 base points you'll earn for a total of 12 Wyndham Points per $1 spent.
- go free Free Tickets
- When you book a go free Award with Wyndham (as in book using all points), you will receive 2 free tickets to a local experience.
- This replaces the normal cash discount you would receive at lower levels.
- go fast $10 Discount
- Caesars Rewards Status Match (Platinum)
- Suite Upgrades
- As a Wyndham Diamond member, you'll be upgraded to a suite upon request.
- This does not apply to Caesars Entertainment properties.
- Welcome Amenity at Check-in
- Upon check-in, you'll receive a complimentary snack or beverage at select Wyndham hotels.
- Gift Wyndham Gold
- Every year you obtain Wyndham Diamond, you'll be able to gift a Wyndham Gold level membership to a family member or friend.