|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Rewards Rate Details
The American Express Aeroplan Card features three bonus categories which are Air Canada, Air Canada Vacations, and dining purchases. There's no limit to the amount of bonus Aeroplan Points you can earn spending in these categories and no limit to the amount of Aeroplan Points you can earn with the card overall.
- 2x Air Canada
- 2x Air Canada Vacations
- 1.5x Dining
- Includes restaurant, fast food, coffee shop and drinking establishments in Canada, and delivery of food in Canada as a primary business (not groceries).
- 1x Everything Else
Perks & Benefits
The American Express Aeroplan Card comes loaded with a nice amount of travel benefits for anyone that enjoys flying Air Canada.
- Free Checked Bag†
- Free checked bag is for up to 8 people traveling on the same reservation on Air Canada flights.
- Checked bag is up to 23kg/50lb.
- Applies to the first checked bag only meaning those who already receive a complimentary first checked will not benefit from this perk.
- Status Qualifying Miles w/ Spend
- Earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and 1 Status Qualify Segment (SQS) for every $10,000 in purchases you charge to the card.
- SQMs earned in this fashion do not count towards Million Mile Status.
- No Preset Spending Limit (NPSL)
- American Express Benefits
- American Express Experiences
- Front Of The Line
- Travel & Shopping Coverage†
†These benefits are available to supplementary cardmembers (authorized users) who have an Aeroplan Card. Aeroplan No Fee Cards will not receive these benefits.
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.