|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Rewards Rate Details
The American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card features three bonus categories which are Air Canada, Air Canada Vacations, and dining. There's no limit to the amount of bonus Aeroplan Points you can earn in these categories and no limit to the amount of Aeroplan Points you can earn with the card overall.
- 3x Air Canada
- 3x Air Canada Vacations
- 2x Dining
- Includes restaurant, fast food, coffee shop and drinking establishments in Canada, and delivery of food in Canada as a primary business (not groceries).
- 1x Everything Else
Perks & Benefits
The American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card is stuffed to the brim with benefits such as lounge, priority benefits, the ability to earn a companion pass with spend and more.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges†
- Enjoy access to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges and Air Canada Cafes in North America with a same day ticket on a departing Air Canada or Star Alliance flight.
- Priority Airport Services†
- Priority airport services include:
- Priority Airport Check-In
- Priority Boarding
- Priority Baggage Handling
- Priority services applies to Air Canada flights.
- Cardholder and up to 8 companions traveling on the same reservation can enjoy the Priority Airport Services benefit.
- Priority airport services include:
- Annual Worldwide Companion Pass
- Earn a worldwide companion pass when you spend $25,000 before the anniversary date.
- Companion pass allows you to buy an accompanying Air Canada economy class ticket for a companion at a fixed based fare from $99 to a maximum of $599 CAD.
- The base fare you have to pay will depend on your destination:
- $99 CAD - Within Canada & Continental US
- $299 CAD - to/from Hawaii, Mexico, Central America, Caribbean
- $499 CAD - South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa
- $599 CAD - Asia, Australia, New Zealand
- Taxes, fees, charges, and surcharges will still need to be paid on the companion ticket in addition to the base fare.
- Priority Upgrades
- Receive priority access to the standby list and eUpgrades.
- Pearson Airport Perks†
- Complimentary Valet Service (T1, T3)
- 15% Discount Airport Express Park (T1) and Daily Park (T1, T3)
- 15% Discount Car Care Services
- Use of Pearson Priority Security Lane (T1, T3)
- Applies to authorized users with a Platinum Card
- Free Checked Bag†
- Free checked bag is for up to 8 people traveling on the same reservation on Air Canada flights.
- Checked bag is up to 23kg/50lb.
- Applies to the first checked bag only meaning those who already receive a complimentary first checked will not benefit from this perk.
- Status Qualifying Miles w/ Spend
- Earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and 1 Status Qualify Segment (SQS) for every $5,000 in purchases you charge to the card.
- SQMs earned in this fashion do not count towards Million Mile Status.
- Rollover Benefits
- Rollover up to 200,000 Status Qualifying Miles from the prior qualification year to the next.
- Unused eUpgrade credits can also be rolled over into the following year.
- American Express Benefits†
- American Express Experiences
- Front Of The Line
- Travel & Shopping Coverage†
- Out of Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Trip Interruption Insurance
- Flight Delay Insurance
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance
- Hotel Burglary Insurance
- Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance ($500,000)
- Travel Emergency Assistance
- Buyer's Assurance Protection Plan
- Purchase Protection Plan
†These benefits are available to supplementary cardmembers (authorized users) who have an Aeroplan Reserve Card. Aeroplan Reserve No Fee Cards will not receive these benefits.
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.