|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Rewards Rate Details
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card features three bonus categories which are gas, grocery, and Air Canada purchases. These bonus categories are capped at $40,000 per year on the account. Any purchases over that cap will earn at the non-category rate of 1x points per $1.50 spent. There's no limit to how many points you can earn with the card overall.
- 1x Air Canada
- This includes purchases made through Air Canada Vacations.
- 1x Gas Station
- 1x Grocery
- 1x/$1.50 Everything Else
- This is equal to 2 Aeroplan Points per $3 spent.
Perks & Benefits
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card comes with a small amount of travel insurance and purchase coverage.
- Save On Bookings
- Book awards for fewer points as a cardholder.
- No additional airline surcharges on flight rewards with Air Canada flights.
- Travel & Purchase Protection
- Car Rental Collision and Loss Damage Insurance
- Purchase Security
- Extended Protection Insurance
- Common Carrier Accident Insurance
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.