|Loyalty Program||Etihad Guest|
|Currency||Etihad Guest Miles|
|Average Value of 1 Mile||0.8 Cents (CAD)|
Etihad Airways is the second largest airline in the United Arab Emirates (after Emirates). They are based out of Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi with their hub being located at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Etihad operates over 1,000 flights per week to more than 80 destinations destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia, and the America's. Etihad is not part of any major global airline alliance.
Etihad Credit Cards Miles
Etihad does not offer any credit cards to Canada members. The best way to build miles on everyday spend will be by earning rewards with partner credit cards and transferring those earned rewards to your Etihad Guest account.
The best direct transfer partner for Etihad will be the American Express Membership Rewards program. Membership Rewards Points can be transferred to Etihad Guest at a 5:4 ratio meaning that 1,000 AMEX Points is equal to 750 Etihad Guest Miles.
Listed below are a few of the best credit cards options.
Best Overall For Earning Rewards
- With your American Express Cobalt Card you can redeem your points towards whatever eligible Card purchases you want – your options are anything but limited
- Cobalt Cardmembers receive regular Perks, including bonus rewards and access to great events.
- Enjoy benefits at over 600 participating hotels and resorts in over 30 countries with The Hotel Collection
- Mobile Coverage - Enjoy your new mobile device with more confidence.
- Road trip or flight, you may be protected when you book travel with your Card.
Best For Lounge Access & Luxury Travel
- With Fine Hotels + Resorts, Platinum Cardmembers can receive benefits such as guaranteed 4:00 p.m. late check-out, complimentary daily breakfast for two and other benefits at over 1,100 iconic properties worldwide.
- With Hotel Status Benefit, you'll be fast-tracked to the higher tiers of leading hotel loyalty programs around the world without having to fulfill the usual qualifying criteria, such as numerous night stays each year.
- Benefits at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Platinum Concierge offers you complimentary assistance, anytime, day or night, wherever you are.
- Redeem points for statement credits, travel, gift cards, and more.
Best For Lounge Access & Luxury Business Travel
- From regular business expenses to travel, earn 1.25 points for every $1 in Card purchases.
- Benefit from up to 55 interest-free days so you can keep more cash on hand when you need it most.
- Settle in before takeoff at over 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries and counting with the American Express Global Lounge Collection
- Road trip or flight, you could be protected when you book travel with your Card which includes Out of Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance, Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance, Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance, and much more.
Etihad Transfer Partners
Etihad is a direct transfer partner of several programs including American Express Membership Rewards. This opens up a handful of credit cards that you can use to earn rewards transferable to the Etihad Guest program.
Etihad Guest Miles Value
The Point Calculator values Etihad Guest Miles at an average value of 0.8 cents each (CAD) when redeemed for award flights with Etihad. Miles can also be used for gift cards, hotels, car rentals, lounge access, and more.
Buying Etihad Guest Miles
If you're a few Etihad Guest Miles short of a redemption and transferring points to your account isn't an option, the next best option is to buy Etihad Guest Miles. Those with Platinum Tier in the Etihad Guest program can buy up to 150,000 miles per calendar year while all other tiers can buy up to 100,000 miles.