|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
The AMEX AIR MILES Platinum Card is a great choice for those looking to earn AIR MILES on everyday purchases such as restaurant, gas, and transit. The card also offers bonus miles once per year on Dream Miles bookings, great travel and shopping coverage, and your standard AMEX credit card benefits.
Rewards Rate Details
The AMEX AIR MILES Platinum Card has three bonus categories that earn bonus AIR MILES. Those categories are restaurant, gas, and transit purchases in Canada. Purchases outside of Canada will be considered a non-category purchases. AIR MILES earned spending across all three categories is capped at $30,000 per year. After you reach the combined spend limit, you'll earn at the non-category rate for the remainder of the calendar year. There's no limit to the amount of AIR MILES you can earn with the card overall.
- 1x/$5 Restaurants
- Includes stand-alone restaurants, quick service/fast food restaurants, coffee shops, and drinking establishments in Canada.
- 1x/$5 Grocery
- Applies to stand-alone grocery stores and merchants that deliver food and groceries in Canada as a primary business.
- 1x/$5 Gas Station
- 1x/$5 Transit
- Includes local commuter transportation in Canada including subway, streetcar, taxi, limousine and ride sharing services.
- 1x/$10 Everything Else
Perks & Benefits
The AMEX AIR MILES Platinum Card comes with an annual travel redemption bonus and great travel & shopping coverage.
- One 25% Point Rebate Annually
- Receive a point rebate when you use Dream Miles to book the first single flight or package vacation for the year through airmiles.ca or vacations.airmiles.ca.
- Receive 25% of your used miles back, up to a maximum of 750 bonus miles.
- AMEX Invites
- Travel and Purchase Coverage
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.