The AMEX AIR MILES Reserve credit card is the highest tier AIR MILES card that American Express offers. It earns AIR MILES Reward Miles on great everyday categories such as grocery, gas, and drugstores while suppling great travel benefits such as an annual companion pass and greater value through AIR MILES FlexFly.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
The American Express AIR MILES Reserve Card features 4 bonus categories which are AIR MILES Partners, grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores. The categories of grocery store, gas station, and drugstore spend apply to Canadian based locations. There is no limit to the amount of AIR MILES you can earn spending in these bonus categories and no limit to the amount of AIR MILES you can earn with the AMEX AIR MILES Reserve Card in general.
- 1x/$10 Grocery Store in Canada
- 1x/$10 Gas Station in Canada
- 1x/$10 Drugstore in Canada
- 1x/$10 AIR MILES Partners
- 1x/$15 Everything Else
Perks & Benefits
The AMEX AIR MILES Reserve Card comes with a bunch of useful benefits for those who travel frequently and like to earn AIR MILES.
- AIR MILES FlexFly
- Book flights not available within the AIR MILES Flight program using AIR MILES Reward Miles or a combination of AIR MILES Rewards Miles and cash (using the AIR MILES Reserve Card).
- 770 AIR MILES is equal to $100 in value which is 12.9 cents in value.
- Annual Companion Flight Benefit
- Bring a companion along when redeeming a flight for up to a maximum of 1,700 AIR MILES Reward Miles.
- For flights that cost more than 1,700 AIR MILES, you will be able to pull from your AIR MILES Dream Balance to cover the remaining miles.
- Cover Flight Taxes and Fees
- Use your AIR MILES Reward Miles to pay for taxes and fees at the time of booking a flight.
- Business Class Seats
- Redeem AIR MILES Reward Miles towards Business Class seats.
- Priority Pass Membership
- Waived Flight Fees
- Waived flight administration fee when booking online or with the AIR MILES Concierge team.
- Complimentary AIR MILES Onyx Status
- Toronto Airport Benefits
- Access to the Toronto Pearson Priority Security Lanes (T1, T3)
- AMEX Invites
- Entertainment benefits including Front Of The Line Advanced Access and Reserve Tickets, special offers and experiences for cardmembers, and more.
- Travel and Purchase Protections
Sign Up Bonus
The standard sign up bonus for the AMEX AIR MILES Reserve Card is 2,400 AIR MILES Reward Miles after spending $3,000 on the card within the first three months of card membership. This has an easy value of $288 when you use FlexFly redemptions, but can be worth more or less depending on other redemptions.
The annual fee for the AMEX AIR MILES Reserve Card is $299 per year. With the annual companion option and the additional benefits that come with the card, you should be able to make up for the fee with ease.
Authorized User Fee
The authorized user fee for the AMEX AIR MILES Reserve Card is $50 per additional card. If you have friends or family that spend in the bonus categories on this card, I recommend adding them to help earn AIR MILES Reward Miles faster.
Foreign Transaction Fee
AMEX AIR MILES Reserve Cardholders will be charged for the conversion to Canadian Dollars based on interbank rates selected from customary industry sources on the date the transaction is posted to your account plus 2.50% for each charge.
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.