|Value of 1 Point||Redemption|
|$0.005 to $0.006||Gift Cards|
|$0.00333||Cash & Statement Credits|
BMO Rewards Points will give you the best value of 0.71 cents when you redeem them towards travel. Overall, you can redeem your BMO Rewards Points for:
- Gift Cards
- BMO Investments
- Cash/Statement Credit
This page covers redeeming your BMO Rewards Points for the options listed above and the cash value you can obtain from each.
Redeem Points For Travel
BMO Rewards Points will give you the best value of 0.71 cents per point when redeemed towards travel. This includes:
- Rental Cars
- Vacation Packages
When redeeming for travel, there's no blackout dates or any kind of restrictions. If you find travel that you're interested in, you can use your BMO Rewards Points to book it. The only downside is that you'll need to book it through a BMO Rewards travel agent. You can't use your points to book your own travel online like most rewards programs which is a bit of a bummer.
So how many BMO Rewards Points do you need to pay for a flight, car rental, or any other kind of travel? I could give you a table with a list of denominations, but it's easier to just supply you with a good ole calculator so that you can get the exact amount. Do note that BMO Rewards Points can also be used towards the taxes/fees of the trip too at the same 0.71 cents per point value!
Cash To BMO Rewards Points Calculator
You can enter any cash amount in the calculator below to see how many BMO Rewards Points you will need to pay for your travel. Do note that BMO Rewards does price match. This means you can look around, possibility find some better deals, and save some points!
BMO Rewards Points can also be used for other redemptions including investments, gift cards, cash/statement credit, and more. These redemptions will typically give you less than 0.71 cents in value with a few exceptions.
You can redeem your BMO Rewards Points towards investments with BMO. A 15,000 point redemption will give you $100 towards a BMO investment account which gives your points a value of 0.67 cents per point. Eligible financial products include:
- BMO Premium Rate Savings Account
- BMO Smart Saver Account
- BMO Investorline
This is not much lower than redeeming your points for travel, so it's not a bad way to go if you prefer to invest your rewards.
BMO Rewards Points can be redeemed for gift cards which will give you a range of values depending on the gift card. The gift card options are located in the bmorewards.com portal. There's a good amount of options to choose from including all of the popular stores and retailers such as Amazon, Hudson's Bay, Indigo, Home Depot, and many more. The average value you'll get out of these gift cards will be around 0.5 to 0.6 or so cents per point. The higher denominations will usually give you the best value.
You can redeem your BMO Rewards Points towards merchandise for various value. This option is also located in the bmorewards.com portal. As with many other programs, merchandise has will usually give your points low value while some redemptions will give you exceptional value. I wouldn't deliberately shop for merchandise with BMO Rewards Points, but if you're looking to buy something, I would recommend checking the portal to see if redeeming your points could be worth it. There's items that will give you as low as 0.3 cents per point and some that will give you close to 0.6 cents or higher in value.
Redeeming your BMO Rewards Points for a cash/statement credit will give you the lowest value of 0.3 cents per point. You can redeem 30,000 BMO Rewards Points for $100 in cash value which is pretty low compared to other redemption options. If you're trying to obtain cash rewards, I'd recommend going with cash back credit cards since you'll get more value. BMO has a good line-up of cash back cards if you want to stick with the same bank.
BMO Rewards Points can be redeemed for experiences. The point value you get out of these will vary, but they tend to give excellent value most of the time. The real value of experiences comes from the experience itself, so if it's something thats worthwhile that you've always wanted to do, it doesn't hurt to treat yourself!
BMO Rewards Points Value Calculator
Use the BMO Rewards Points Value Calculator to calculate the average cash value of your BMO Rewards Points based on different redemption options. This will give you an idea on how much your points are worth on average.
When you redeem your BMO Rewards Points for travel, you'll get the best value of 0.71 cents per point. Listed below is the average cash value of BMO Rewards Points based on redeeming them for travel.
|BMO Rewards Points||Cash Value|
Earning BMO Rewards Points
BMO offers four credit cards that you can use to earn BMO Rewards Points on your everyday spend.
Use the Rewards Calculators below to calculate how many BMO Rewards Points you can earn based on your spend and compare the results side by side any credit cards featured on the site to find out which cards earn you the best return.
- Earn 25% more points on all purchases when you add an authorized user to your account
- Enjoy Priority PassTM membership and 6 airport lounge visits per year – a value of almost $300 USD.
- Get Priority Security Lane, airport parking and valet service discounts at select Canadian airports.
- Access the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection with exclusive benefits (like free breakfast).
- Connect to the Visa Infinite Privilege Concierge - it’s like having a personal assistant on call!
- Enjoy unique dining and wine events with Visa Infinite Dining Series61 and Visa Infinite Wine Country.
- Get the Troon Rewards® Golf benefits like discounts at over 95 resorts and courses around the world plus access to select private clubs across the U.S.
- Earn 10% more points on all purchases when you add an authorized user to your account.
- Get a $50 annual lifestyle credit to use however you want.
- Get access to the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection and enjoy seven exclusive benefits (like complimentary breakfast).
- Make dining even finer with the Visa Infinite Dining Series.
- Connect to the Visa Infinite Concierge - it’s like having a personal assistant on call!
- Get the Visa Infinite Troon Golf Benefit and enjoy discounts at 95 resorts and courses around the world.
- Get mobile device insurance, purchase security and extended warranty insurance, and travel insurance with your BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Card.
- Airport lounge access with free membership in Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey, plus 4 free passes a year.
- Travel and medical protection with unlimited-trips-per-year coverage for journeys up to 21 days (up to $2 million in eligible medical expenses).
- Earn BMO Rewards points even faster when you add another cardholder for $50 a year.
- Shop confidently with an extended warranty and purchase protection.
- Enjoy free 24-hour access to our experienced concierge staff.
- Save up to 25% off rentals at participating National Car Rental and Alamo Rent a Car locations.
- Get 15% off admission to Cirque du Soleil shows touring Canada, and 20% off resident shows in Las Vegas.
- Enjoy free access to over 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world with Boingo Wi-Fi for Mastercard Cardholders.
- Discover a world of Mastercard Travel Rewards cash back offers when you shop, dine and relax with our partners outside of Canada.
- Access valuable benefits and offers for digital everyday services from a variety of on-demand apps and subscription services.
- Shop confidently with an extended warranty and purchase protection.
- Earn BMO Rewards points faster when you add an additional cardholder.