|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Rewards Rate Details
The CIBC Aventura Gold Visa Card features three bonus categories which are CIBC Rewards Centre, gas station, grocery, and drug store. The gas station, grocery, and drug store categories have a spend cap of $80,000 per calendar year. Once you hit this cap, you'll earn at the non-category rate until the end of your December statement. There's no limit to the amount of Aventura Points you can earn with the card overall.
- 2x CIBC Rewards Centre
- Does not apply to taxes, insurance, service charges, or similar items.
- 1.5x Gas Station
- Includes both service stations and automated gas dispensers.
- 1.5x Grocery
- 1.5x Drug Store
- 1x Everything Else
Perks & Benefits
The CIBC Aventura Gold Visa Card comes with a handful of useful benefits including savings on gas, a NEXUS application rebate, and great travel insurance.
- NEXUS Application Fee Rebate
- Priority Pass Membership
- Includes 4 complimentary airport lounge visits per year.
- Gas Station Savings
- Link your card to Journie Rewards and get 3 cents off per litre at Chevron, Ultramar, and Pioneer gas stations.
- Travel & Purchase Protections
- Out of Province Emergency Travel Medical Insurance
- Flight Delay Insurance
- Baggage Insurance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Trip Interruption Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision and Loss Damage Insurance
- Common Carrier Accident Insurance
- Hotel Burglary Insurance
- Purchase Security
- Extended Protection Insurance
- Mobile Device Insurance
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.