|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Rewards Rate Details
The CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card features six bonus categories which are CIBC Rewards Centre, dining, entertainment, transportation, gas, and grocery. The CIBC Rewards Centre category is uncapped, but the remaining bonus categories have a spend cap of $200,000 per calendar year. Once you hit that limit, you'll earn at the non-category rate for the rest of the calendar year (up to your December statement end date). There's no limit to the amount of Aventura Points you can earn with the card overall.
- 3x CIBC Rewards Centre
- 2x Dining
- Applies to eating places, restaurants, drinking places, and fast food restaurants.
- 2x Entertainment
- Includes motion picture theaters, theatrical producers, ticket agencies, bands, orchestras, and miscellaneous entertainers.
- 2x Transportation
- Applies to local and suburban commuter transportation in Canada including subway, streetcar, taxi, limousine and ride sharing services.
- 2x Gas Station
- Includes both service stations and automated gas dispensers.
- 2x Grocery
- Includes both grocery stores and supermarkets.
- 1.5x Everything Else
Perks & Benefits
The CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege Card comes loaded with great travel benefits along with savings on gas, NEXUS rebates, and more.
- $200 Annual Travel Credit
- Must book travel with an Aventura Travel Assistant.
- Avis & Budget Savings
- Get up to 25% off auto rentals at Avis and Budget locations when you pay with your Aventura card.
- Access To Exclusive Business Class Bookings
- Two NEXUS Application Fee Rebates
- Priority Pass Membership
- Includes 6 complimentary lounge visits per year.
- Visa Infinite Privilege Benefits
- Gas Station Savings
- Link your card to Journie Rewards and get 3 cents off per litre at Chevron, Ultramar, and Pioneer gas stations.
- Travel & Purchase Protections
- Out of Province Emergency Travel Medical Insurance
- Flight Delay Insurance
- Baggage Insurance
- Trip Cancellation
- Trip Interruption Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision and Loss Damage Insurance
- Common Carrier Accident Insurance
- Hotel Burglary Insurance
- Purchase Security
- Extended Protection Insurance
- Mobile Device Insurance
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.