Hotel credit card rewards are the best option if you're looking to maximize your rewards with a specific hotel chain. These rewards are typically best used for free and discounted nights.
Most hotel credit cards also grant special benefits when staying at brands of the hotel. This includes benefits such as an annual free night, complimentary elite status, late check-out, bonus points, and much more.
Unfortunately, there's not many co-branded hotel credit cards available in Canada. So when it comes to earning hotel rewards points, you'll mostly be earning them through stays booked directly at hotels.
Best Western Rewards
- Average Points Value: 0.7 Cents
- Transfer Partners: 10 travel partners
- Number of Credit Cards: 1 personal card
- Best Credit Card: MBNA Best Western Rewards® Mastercard®, Tangerine World Mastercard
- Average Points Value: 0.6 Cents
- Transfer Partners: 30+ Travel Partners
- Number of Credit Cards: None
- Best Credit Card: American Express Cobalt™ Card, The Platinum Card®, Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- Average Points Value: 0.8 - 1 Cent
- Transfer Partners: 35+ travel partners
- Number of Credit Cards: 1 personal card, 1 business card
- Best Credit Card: Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card, American Express Cobalt™ Card
Other Hotel Rewards Programs & Credit Cards
Point Transfers To Hotel Loyalty Programs
If you're based in Canada and you're looking to build up your balance of hotel rewards points, there's not many options available. Outside of the few cards that Marriott and Best Western offers, your only other option for earning hotel rewards points through credit card spend is by using the American Express Membership Rewards program.
American Express Membership Rewards
The American Express Membership Rewards is available in many countries which is why it's one of the most popular flexible rewards programs worldwide. It is the best (and only) option in Canada if you're looking to build rewards that can be transferred to hotel loyalty programs.
Hotel Rewards Calculator
Use the hotel rewards calculator to find out which Canada credit cards will give you the best value when redeeming rewards for award nights at top hotel chains around the world.
Results will be sorted by net return. This is calculated by taking the average value of the rewards earned adding the average value of card benefits and subtracting any annual fees the card has.
Results will consist of hotel credit cards and credit cards that offer great value when redeemed for free nights at hotels.
No Results. This is usually due to:
- There's no good card options based on the spend entered.
- The calculator is having issues calculating rewards.
Enter different values or try again later.
These estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card. They should be used for illustrative purposes only.
All spend entered in the fields above will carry over to every credit card rewards calculator on the site so there's no need to re-enter spend.