The Platinum Card® by American Express is a premium travel card that's well known around the world. It offers extensive travel benefits including access to more than 1,200 airport lounge worldwide, complimentary elite status across several hotel programs, car rental benefits, and much more. It's a great card to have if you're big on travel.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Non-Sterling Transaction Fee|
Intro Bonus: -
Rewards Rate Details
The Platinum Card earns 1 Membership Rewards Point per £1 spent on the card on all purchases. You can earn an additional 1 bonus point for a total of 2 Membership Rewards Points per £1 spent at American Express Travel Online.
- 2x American Express Travel Online
- Applies to hotel, car hire, and experiences booked through the portal.
- 1x Everything Else
The Platinum Card is primarily for it's benefits. You will generally not make up for the cost of the annual fee based on spend alone. You will need to take into account the many benefits the card offers.
Perks & Benefits
The Platinum Card is a premium travel card which means it is packed with great benefits.
- Lounge Access
- Priority Pass Lounges
- Plaza Premium Airport Lounges
- Delta SkyClub Lounges
- American Express Lounges (including Centurion Lounges)
- Eurostar Business Premier Lounges
- Centurion Lounge Access
- Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Benefits include room upgrade (if available), daily breakfast for two, in-room Wi-Fi, noon check-in (when available), guaranteed 4pm late check-out, and unique property benefit (such as a $100 credit or massage for two).
- The Hotel Collection
- Includes US$100 hotel credit and complimentary room upgrade at check-in (when available).
- The Vacation Collection
- Benefits include complimentary room upgrade (if available) and early check-in and late check-out.
- Bookings of 2+ nights grants extra benefits.
- Crafted Journeys
- Complimentary Hotel Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Elite Gold Status
- MeliáRewards Gold
- Radisson Rewards Gold Status
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Status
- $200 onefinestay Credit
- Must book through AMEX Travel or directly through onefinestay.
- International Airline Program
- Addison Lee
- Receive up to £10 of statement credits every month for trips booked with Addison Lee and Tristar car services in the UK.
- Platinum Cruise Benefits
- Up to $300 in onboard credit when you book through the Platinum Travel service.
- Car Rental Benefits
- Complimentary Avis Preferred Status
- Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star Status
- Car rental discounts
- Global Dining Collection
- Platinum Concierge
- AMEX Benefits
- American Express Experiences
- American Express Offers
- No Pre-set Spending Limit
- Travel & Purchase Protections
- Medical Assistance and Expenses
- Canceling, Postponing and Abandoning Your Trip
- Personal Belongings, Money, and Travel Documents
- Car Rental Benefits - Theft, Damage, and Liability
- Travel Inconvenience
- Personal Accident Whilst On A Trip
- Legal Assistance and Compensation
- Purchase Protection
- Refund Protection
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.
- Get points for every pound you spend and redeem with a range of shopping, travel and lifestyle partners.
- Complimentary access to over 1,200 airport lounges across more than 130 countries worldwide.
- Enjoy comprehensive worldwide protection for you, your family and your Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Access extra value and exclusive benefits all around the world including complimentary room upgrades upon arrival (when available) and a late check-out with Fine Hotels & Resorts.
- Get elevated to the higher tiers of our leading hotel loyalty partner programmes, including Hilton Honors and Marriot Bonvoy Gold Elite Status. Platinum Cardmembers also receive a $200 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay.com.
- Enjoy access to the higher tiers of our travel partners’ loyalty programmes including Avis Preferred and Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® with benefits including a discount of up to 15%.
- Receive a £10 statement credit every month when you book a trip with Addison Lee and Tristar car services in the UK using your Platinum Card. Terms apply.
- As a Platinum Cardmember you and your Platinum Supplementary Cardmember can enjoy up to 20% off airfares on some of the world’s finest airlines, when booking through Platinum Concierge or at American Express Travel Online.
- Purchase Protection and Refund Protection covers eligible items purchased using the Card.