IHG Points can be transferred to 35 airline partners. Those partners are:
- Aeromexico Club Premier (5:1)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (5:1)
- Air China PhoenixMiles (5:1)
- Air France-KLM Flying Blue (5:1)
- Air New Zealand Airpoints (1000:2.5)
- Alaska Airlines MileagePlan (5:1)
- Alitalia Air MilleMiglia (5:1)
- All Nippon Airways Mileage Club (5:1)
- American Airlines AAdvantage (5:1)
- Asiana Airlines Asiana Club (5:1)
- Avianca Lifemiles (5:1)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (5:1)
- China Eastern Airlines Eastern Miles (5:1)
- China Southern Airlines Sky Pearl Club (5:1)
- Delta Airlines SkyMiles (5:1)
- El Al Matmid Frequent Flyer Club (250:1)
- Emirates Skywards (5:1)
- Etihad Guest (5:1)
- Gulf Air Falconflyer (5:1)
- Hainan Air Fortune Wings Club (5:1)
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles (5:1)
- Japan Airlines JAL Mileage Bank (5:1)
- JetBlue TrueBlue (5:1)
- LATAM Pass (5:1)
- Lufthansa Miles & More (5:1)
- Malaysia Air Enrich (20:3)
- Qantas Frequent Flyer (5:1)
- Saudi Arabian Airlines Alfursan (5:1)
- Singapore KrisFlyer (5:1)
- South African Air SAA Voyager (5:1)
- Tap Air Portugal Miles&Go (5:1)
- Thai Air Royal Orchid Plus (5:1)
- United Airlines Mileage Plus (5:1)
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club (5:1)
- Virgin Australia Velocity (5:1)
The transfer rate varies depending on the partner, but the most common transfer rate is 10,000 IHG Points for 2,000 airline miles which can be simplified to 1 airline mile for every 5 IHG Points you transfer. When you consider the amount of points you can earn between base points, elite status points, and credit card points, you'll find that you can earn a good amount of miles on your IHG stays.
How To Transfer IHG Points
Unfortunately, IHG Points cannot be transferred to their partners online. You'll have to call the IHG Rewards Club Service center to transfer your points. Once the transfer has been initiated, it can take at least 2-3 weeks to be deposited into the receiving program. This is not the fastest process, so if you're trying to transfer IHG Points you'll want to make sure to note the time it takes.
IHG Points Transfer Calculator
Use the IHG Transfer Partners Calculator to calculate the transfer of points to IHG's airline partners based on the transfer ratio. You can enter any amount of IHG Points to see how many airline miles you'll end up with after the transfer.
If you're really looking to build your IHG Points, I highly recommend picking up the IHG Rewards Credit Card since you'll earn a great return of IHG Points on everyday spend. You can also use AMEX's handful of Membership Rewards Credit Cards by transferring points to Virgin Atlantic at a 1:1 ratio and then transferring those points to IHG at a 1:1 ratio as an additional way to build your rewards.
Can I transfer IHG Points to airlines?
Yes, you can transfer IHG Points to more than 35 different airline partners.
How much does it cost to transfer IHG points?
You can transfer IHG Points to IHG's airline and other travel partners for free. Transferring IHG Points between IHG members will cost you $5 for every 1,000 points transferred.
How do you transfer IHG Points to airline and other partners?
You must call the IHG Rewards Club Service Center to transfer IHG Points to partners. It can take 2-3 weeks for the transfer to complete.