American Express Membership Rewards points can be transferred to Marriott Bonvoy at a 2:3 ratio. This means that every 2,000 AMEX points you transfer will give you 3,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
This makes the Membership Rewards program a great option for Marriott travelers looking for alternative ways to earn points. To make matters better, AMEX's personal and business Platinum Card offers complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
Here are the UK credit cards you can use to earn Membership Rewards points:
|Credit Card||Benefits||Annual Fee|
||£0 the first year, then £160|
||£0 first year, then £175 annually|
Use the Conversion Calculator to calculate the transfer of American Express Membership Rewards points to Marriott Bonvoy points.
How to transfer AMEX points to Marriott
Transferring Membership Rewards points to Marriott Bonvoy can be done in a few easy steps.
- Go to americanexpress.com. Enter your login credentials, select "Membership Rewards" from the drop down, and click Log In.
- Once you're logged in, scroll down to the "Ready To Redeem?" section and click on the tab that says Transfer Points. Click on View All.
- Find Marriott Bonvoy in the list and click the column to expand it. If you have never linked your hotel rewards account to your Membership Rewards account, you will be asked to enter the Marriott Bonvoy account number and select a card member. The name selected must match the name on the Marriott Bonvoy account.
- Use the slider or manually enter in how many points you wish to transfer to Marriott, select the Marriott Bonvoy account you wish to transfer them to, and click Review Transfer.
- Review the transfer to make sure that every thing is correct and click on Submit Transfer.
What is the AMEX points to Marriott Bonvoy points ratio?
Every 2,000 Membership Rewards points transferred to Marriott Bonvoy will give you 3,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.