The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card earns 2x Delta SkyMiles on Delta, U.S. shipping, U.S. advertisement, and restaurant (worldwide) purchases. The card priority boarding, a $100 flight credit you can earn running spend through the card, in-flight savings, and more. The best benefit and the primary reason that most get the card is the first checked bag free benefit which applies to you and up to 8 other people traveling in the same reservation. If you typically have to pay for a checked bag, this card can save you hundreds per year. Overall, the Delta SkyMiles Gold Business AMEX is a great entry-level small business card if you're looking to earn SkyMiles on your business (or personal) expenses.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
|Rates & Fees||See Rates & Fees|
Rewards Rate Details
The Delta SkyMiles Gold Business AMEX Card features four bonus categories that will earn you bonus SkyMiles on your purchases. Those categories are Delta Airlines, U.S. shipping, U.S. advertisement, and restaurant (worldwide). There is no limit to the amount of bonus SkyMiles you can earn spending in these categories and no limit to the amount of SkyMiles you can earn with the card overall.
- 2x Delta Purchases
- Purchases via delta.com, phone reservations and the ticket counter
- Seat Selection
- Delta Sky Club® membership or passes
- Pre-purchased meals
- In-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages and audio headsets on Delta-operated flights
- In-flight purchases of wireless internet access is not counted as a Delta purchase.
- 2x U.S Shipping
- Applies to purchases made directly with a courier, postal, or frieght company (e.g. FedEx, UPS, USPS)
- 2x U.S. Advertising
- Applies to purchases of online, television, and radio advertising from media providers located in the U.S. in order to promote a business.
- Direct mail services including list or lead generation will not count.
- 2x Restaurants (Worldwide)
- 1x Non-Category
If you're looking to maximize your SkyMiles, you can earn 4x Membership Rewards Points across these categories using the American Express® Business Gold Card and transfer those earned points at a 1:1 ratio to your Delta SkyMiles account.
Perks & Benefits
The Delta SkyMiles Gold Business AMEX Card has a good amount of benefits that can be great as a primary cardholder. This includes a free checked bag, in-flight savings, and the ability to earn a $100 flight credit.
- First Checked Bag Free
- Applies to you and up to 8 other people traveling in the same reservation.
- You do not have to use the card to get the free checked bag; card just has to be attached to your SkyMiles account.
- Saves you minimally $25-$30 per one-way trip or $50-$60 roundtrip.
- $100 Flight Credit
- Annual credit offered after spending $10,000+ on the card.
- Offered in the form of an eCredit that can be applied to Delta flight purchases made through delta.com or via Delta Resevations.
- Priority Boarding
- Offers Main Cabin 1 boarding for you and everyone traveling on the same reservation.
- 20% Off In-Flight Purchases
- Applies to Delta-operated flights.
- Discount is issued in the form of a statement credit.
- Qualifying purchases include pre-purchased meals and in-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages, and audio headsets.
- Pay With Miles
- Use Delta SkyMiles to lower the price of your airfare.
- Redeem in 5,000-SkyMile increments which equals $50 off.
- Gives your SkyMiles a value of 1 cent each.
- AMEX Offers*
- AMEX Entertainment Access
- AMEX Business Card Benefits
- Account Manager
- Vendor Pay by Bill.com
- American Express Business App
- Protections and Insurance
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles and a $50 statement credit after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Additionally, take $100 off your next Delta flight – after you spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you will earn a $100 Delta Flight Credit to use toward future travel.
- Earn 2 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. shipping purchases, on every eligible dollar spent at restaurants. Earn 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
- Check or stow your bag with ease: First Checked Bag Free + Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel overseas.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms and limitations apply.