The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card earns 3 SkyMiles per $1 spent on both Delta Airlines and hotel purchases and 1 SkyMile per $1 spent on everything else. The most valuable benefit of the card is the annual Main Cabin companion pass which allows you to take a companion along with you on a Main Cabin booking for just the cost of taxes and fees. This benefit can easily be worth hundreds of dollars depending on where you're flying and can easily void out the cost of the annual fee. Along with that great benefit, the card also offers the ability to earn Medallion Qualifying Miles on spend and the ability to get the Medallion Qualification Dollar requirement waived. Overall, the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business AMEX is a great option if you're looking to earn SkyMiles and boost your status on your business expenses.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
|Rates & Fees||See Rates & Fees|
Rewards Rate Details
The Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business AMEX Card features two bonus categories that will earn you additional SkyMiles. Those categories are Delta Airlines and hotel. There's no cap on the amount of bonus miles you can earn on both of these categories and no limit to the amount of SkyMiles you can earn with the card overall.
The Delta SkyMiles Platinum Card also earns an additional 0.5 points per $1 spent on large, single purchases of $5,000 or more. This applies to non-category purchases (as in non-Delta and non-hotel purchases) and you can earn up to an additional 50,000 SkyMiles with this benefit.
- 3x Delta Airlines
- Purchases via delta.com, phone reservations and the ticket counter
- Seat Selection
- Delta Sky Club® membership or passes
- Pre-purchased meals
- In-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages and audio headsets on Delta-operated flights
- In-flight purchases of wireless internet access is not counted as a Delta purchase.
- 3x Hotel
- Must be booked directly with the hotel; 3rd party bookings will not apply (e.g. Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com)
- 1x Non-Category
- Large, single, non-category purchases of $5,000+ will earn an additional 0.5 SkyMiles per $1 for a total of 1.5x SkyMiles.
- If a merchant breaks up your purchase/charges into smaller amounts that add up to $5,000+, it will not count.
- This benefit does not stack with bonus categories (e.g. Delta purchases, hotel purchases).
Perks & Benefits
The Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business AMEX is packed with benefits that can save you money and help you earn Medallion status. Benefits include an annual Main Cabin companion pass (typically worth the annual fee alone), up to $100 towards a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit, and the ability to earn Medallion Qualification Miles towards status.
- Annual Main Cabin Companion Pass
- Annual benefit starting on your first card anniversary, and every card anniversary from then on.
- Companion can travel along with you on a Main Cabin booking for just the cost of taxes and fees.
- Applies to travel between the 48 contiguous states; if you live in a non-contiguous state, it's good for travel to the continguous states.
- Status Boost
- Earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) for every $25,000 in spend ran across the card.
- Can earn the status boost twice per calendar year for a total of 20,000 MQMs after $50,000 in spend.
- Status Boost can be stacked with Status Boosts earned from other Delta AMEX credit cards.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Credit
- Medallion Qualification Dollar (MQD) Waiver
- Spending $25,000 will waive the MQD requirement for Silver, Gold, and Platinum Medallion Status.
- Spending $250,000 will waive the MQD requirement for Diamond Medallion Status.
- Credit card spend between all of your Delta AMEX cards will count as long as you have at least a personal or business version of the Delta Platinum or Delta Reserve AMEX cards.
- Reduced Delta Skyclub Access
- Delta Sky Club exclusive per-visit rate of $39 which saves you about $20 per visit.
- Up to two guests or immediate family can also tag along for the exclusive per-visit rate of $39 per person.
- The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express both grant complimentary SkyClub access, so be sure to run the numbers.
- First Checked Bag Free
- Applies to you and up to 8 other people traveling in the same reservation.
- You do not have to use the card to get the free checked bag; card just has to be attached to your SkyMiles account.
- Saves you minimally $25-$30 per one-way trip or $50-$60 roundtrip.
- 20% Off In-Flight Purchases
- Applies to Delta-operated flights.
- Discount is issued in the form of a statement credit.
- Qualifying purchases include pre-purchased meals and in-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages, and audio headsets.
- Pay With Miles
- Use Delta SkyMiles to lower the price of your airfare.
- Redeem in 5,000-SkyMile increments which equals $50 off.
- Gives your SkyMiles a value of 1 cent each.
- AMEX Offers*
- AMEX Entertainment Access
- AMEX Business Card Benefits
- Account Manager
- Vendor Pay by Bill.com
- American Express Business App
- Protections and Insurance
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 60,000 bonus miles, 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs), and a $100 statement credit after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta and on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 1.5 miles per dollar on single eligible purchases of $5,000 or more (that's an extra half mile per dollar), up to 50,000 additional miles per year. 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases.
- With Status Boost®, earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year, up to 2x per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Plus, throughout 2021 earn an additional 2,500 MQMs after making $25,000 in purchases, up to 2x. That’s in addition to the 10,000 MQMs that you would earn with Status Boost.
- Status-like benefits: First Check Bag Free on Delta flights + Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Terms and limitations apply.