The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card is a premium credit card that earns 3 SkyMiles per $1 spent on Delta Airlines purchases and 1 SkyMile per $1 spent everywhere else. The primary benefits of the card include an annual First Class companion pass, complimentary Delta SkyClub access, Centurion Lounge access, and upgrade priority. The value of the benefits offered on this card easily drowns out the annual fee as you can easily get more than $500 in value from the First Class companion pass on its own. Overall, the Delta SkyMiles Reserve AMEX Card is a great option if you want to go a few steps beyond the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Intro Bonus: -
Rewards Rate Details
The Delta SkyMiles Reserve AMEX Card features one bonus category that will earn you bonus SkyMiles and that category is Delta Airlines. There is no limit to the amount of bonus SkyMiles you can earn using your card on Delta purchases and no limit to the amount of SkyMiles you can earn using the card overall.
- 3x Delta Airlines
- Purchases via delta.com, phone reservations and the ticket counter
- Seat Selection
- Delta Sky Club® membership or passes
- Pre-purchased meals
- In-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages and audio headsets on Delta-operated flights
- In-flight purchases of wireless internet access is not counted as a Delta purchase.
- 1x Non-Category
Perks & Benefits
The Delta SkyMiles Reserve AMEX Card features a long list of benefits that are easily worth $1,000+ in value. This includes a first class companion pass, Delta SkyClub membership, Centurion Lounge access, a free checked bag, and much more.
- Annual First Class Companion Pass
- Annual benefit starting on your first card anniversary, and every card anniversary from then on.
- Companion can travel along with you on a First Class (or Main Cabin... but don't do that) booking for just the cost of taxes and fees.
- Applies to travel between the 48 contiguous states; if you live in a non-contiguous state, it's good for travel to the contiguous states.
- Complimentary Delta SkyClub Access
- Applies to you and additional Reserve card members.
- Must be traveling on a same-day Delta-marketed or -operated flight.
- If you or an additional card member is traveling on a Delta partner flight, you'll be charged a reduced fee of $39 per person, per location on the Reserve Card.
- 2 Delta SkyClub One-Time Guest Passes
- Receive two one-time guest passes for complimentary access to the Delta SkyClub annually.
- Good for one year.
- Guests using the pass must be traveling on a same-day Delta-marketed or -operated flight.
- Centurion Lounge Access
- Complimentary access to American Express Centurion Lounges when flying on a same-day Delta-marketed or -operated flight.
- Must book your flight on a U.S. issued American Express Card.
- You can bring up to two guests for $50 per guest, per location.
- You can obtain complimentary Centurion Lounge access with both The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
- Status Boost
- Earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) for every $30,000 in spend ran across the card.
- Can earn the status boost four times per calendar year for a total of 60,000 MQMs after $120,000 in spend.
- Status Boost can be stacked with Status Boosts earned from other Delta AMEX credit cards.
- Complimentary Upgrades & Upgrade Priority
- Offers better chance to receive complimentary upgrades over non-cardholders with the same Medallion level as you.
- If you're a non-Medallion member, you'll be eligible for complimentary upgrades.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Credit
- Medallion Qualification Dollar (MQD) Waiver
- Spending $25,000 will waive the MQD requirement for Silver, Gold, and Platinum Medallion Status.
- Spending $250,000 will waive the MQD requirement for Diamond Medallion Status.
- Credit card spend between all of your Delta AMEX cards will count as long as you have at least a personal or business version of the Delta Platinum or Delta Reserve AMEX cards.
- First Checked Bag Free
- Applies to you and up to 8 other people traveling in the same reservation.
- You do not have to use the card to get the free checked bag; card just has to be attached to your SkyMiles account.
- Saves you minimally $25-$30 per one-way trip or $50-$60 roundtrip.
- 20% Off In-Flight Purchases
- Applies to Delta-operated flights.
- Discount is issued in the form of a statement credit.
- Qualifying purchases include pre-purchased meals and in-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages, and audio headsets.
- Pay With Miles
- Use Delta SkyMiles to lower the price of your airfare.
- Redeem in 5,000-SkyMile increments which equals $50 off.
- Gives your SkyMiles a value of 1 cent each.
- ShopRunner Membership*
- AMEX Offers*
- AMEX Entertainment Access
- Protections and Insurance
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 80,000 Bonus Miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 60,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 15,000 MQMs four times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Receive a Domestic First Class, Delta Comfort+® or Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government-imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge or Escape Lounge - The Centurion® Studio Partner when you book a Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.