The Spirit Mastercard is co-branded airline card offered by Bank of America. If Spirit is your primary airline, you'll want to pick up the Spirit Mastercard due to the access to 2,500-point redemptions and the complimentary Spirit elite status it offers just from making one purchase per month. If you faithfully collect Spirit Miles and don't have this card, you'll be cheating yourself out of redeeming your Spirit Miles for as high as 1.2 cents or more.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Rewards Rate Details
The Spirit Mastercard does not feature any bonus categories. It earns at a flat rate of 2 FREE SPIRIT Miles per $1 spent. There's no limit to the amount of FREE SPIRIT Miles you can earn spending on the card.
- 2x All Purchases
With the off-peak pricing this card offers, you can easily get 1.2 cents or more in value out of Spirit Miles. This credit card is what makes Spirit Miles worth it, otherwise you'll be receiving around 0.4 cents or lower in value.
Perks & Benefits
The most important benefits that the Spirit Mastercard offers is the Reduced Award Flights benefit and complimentary elite status. Those two perks alone are the bread and butter of this credit card.
- Reduced Award Flights
- Redemptions for cardholders start at 2,500 miles for off-peak, one-way Region 1 flights.
- Significantly bumps up the value of FREE SPIRIT Miles.
- Complimentary Elite Status
- Grants Spirit Elite Tier status when you make one card purchase per month.
- Elite status grants you 100% of your miles flown which is essencial if you're earning FREE SPIRIT Miles.
- Priority Services
- Receive Zone 2 boarding.
- Annual Point Bonus w/ Spend
- Spending $10,000 on the card during the calendar year will earn you 5,000 bonus FREE SPIRIT Miles.
- If you're redeeming FREE SPIRIT Miles for 1.2+ cents each, this is a decent bonus.
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.