|Loyalty Program||Virgin Atlantic Flying Club|
|Average Value of 1 Point||1.2 Cents|
Virgin Atlantic is a British airline headquartered out of Crawley, United Kingdom. They fly to over 30 different destinations across 12 countries.
Virgin Atlantic's rewards program is called Flying Club and the rewards currency is called Virgin Points (previously known as Flying Club Miles). While they do partner closely with several airlines, they are not part of any major airline alliance.
Virgin Atlantic Credit Cards
Virgin Alantic offers one Bank of America credit card for U.S.-based members. It earns a solid return across purchases and offers a few benefits that can be useful if you frequently fly Virgin Atlantic.
Click on a card below to calculate total rewards based on spend and compare the results side by side other credit cards featured on the site.
- Get a companion reward in the same cabin class or a cabin upgrade when you book a ticket through Virgin Atlantic. Must spend $25,000 or more in purchases annually to qualify.
- Enjoy no foreign transaction fees while earning points
- In addition to earning points, you'll also earn tier points. You earn 25 tier points per $2,500 in purchases (maximum of 50 per month).
Other Great Credit Card Options For Virgin Points
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is a direct transfer partner of both American Express Membership RewardS and Chase Ultimate Rewards. This means you can use credit cards offered in these programs to earn points transferable directly to your Virgin Atlantic account.
This opens the ability to earn a lot of Virgin Points through intro bonuses and everyday credit card spend. If you're looking to maximize your points, I recommend checking out the cards below.
Best For Restaurants & Big Supermarket Spenders
- Rose Gold is here to stay. Card members can choose between a Gold or Rose Gold Card.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Flexible Rewards
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Best Overall For Earning Points
- Earn 80,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
Best For Lounge Access & Luxury Travel
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Virgin Points Value
The Point Calculator values Virgin Points at an average of 1.2 cents each when used to book award flights with Virgin Atlantic and their partners. Points can also be used for chauffeur services, clubhouse spas, hotels, airlines, and much more.
Virgin Points Transfer
The Virgin Atlantic Flying Club program is a direct transfer partner of several rewards programs. This allows you to earn rewards in partner programs and then transfer those earned rewards directly to your Flying Club account to build points quicker.