The Citi Premier® Card earns 3 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on airfare, hotel, gas station, supermarket, and restaurant purchases. The card also offers an annual $100 credit after spending $500 or more on a hotel stay through the ThankYou Rewards Portal. The Citi Premier is one of the best credit cards for travel and is a great option for building rewards you can redeem towards travel.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
Intro Bonus: -
Rewards Rate Details
The Citi ThankYou Premier Card features five bonus categories that earn bonus ThankYou Points. Those categories are airfare, hotel, gas station, supermarket, and restaurant. There is no limit to the amount of ThankYou Points you can earn spending in these categories and no limit to the amount of ThankYou Points you can earn with the card overall.
- 3x Airfare
- Applies to airfare booked direct and airfare booked through travel agencies which includes the ThankYou.com portal.
- 3x Hotel
- Applies to hotels booked direct and hotels booked through travel agencies which includes the ThankYou.com portal.
- 3x Gas Station
- Will not typically trigger at gas stations with warehouse clubs, discount stores, and other merchants that do not use the gas station merchant code.
- 3x Supermarket
- Does not apply to warehouse clubs, wholesale clubs, and other merchants that does not code as supermarket.
- Some online supermarkets may qualify, but it will still need to code as a supermarket purchase.
- 3x Restaurant
- Includes cafes, bars, lounges, fast food, fine dining, and take out.
- 1x Non-Category
Perks & Benefits
The Citi Premier Card offers an annual $100 credit when booking hotels through the ThankYou Rewards portal and grants the ability to transfer points to all of Citi's transfer partners.
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
Is the Citi Premier Card worth it?
The Citi Premier Card is a great choice for earning rewards that can be redeemed towards travel or be transferred to a number of airline partners. It earns a great return across several categories and is one of the best credit cards for travel.
How much are points earned with the Citi Premier Card?
Citi ThankYou Points are worth 1 cent each for most redemptions with the exception of cash back which will give your points a value of 0.5 cents each. You can also transfer points to Citi's airline partners for a chance at more value.