The Point Calculator's top picks for the 2 best Bank of America business credit cards are:
- Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard®
- Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®
Before diving into the reasons these cards are best, you'll need to know about Bank of America's Preferred Rewards for Business program. This program offers a wide range of additional benefits based on how much you have invested with Bank of America, Merrill Edge, or Merill Lynch based on a 3-month average across accounts. One of the many benefits of the program allows you to earn up to a 75% point bonus based on your tier in the program. Here's the breakdown by tier and how much you'll need to have invested:
|Gold||$20k to <$50k||25% Bonus|
|Platinum||$50k to <$100k||50% Bonus|
|Platinum Honors||$100k+||75% Bonus|
Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard®
The Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard can be one of the best business credit cards in the market depending on your tier in the Preferred Rewards for Business program. At the base rate, you'll earn 3% back on your choice of one of the following six categories: gas stations (default), office supply stores, travel, TV/telecom & wireless, computer services or business consulting services. Along with that, you'll earn 2% back on dining and 1% back on everything else. The 3% and 2% cash back categories share a combined cap of $50,000 in spend per year in which you'll earn 1% back after you hit this cap.
Depending on your tier in the program, you'll be able to earn up to 5.25% cash back on your selected category, 3.5% back on dining, and 1.75% back on all other purchases. These type of rates on a business card that has no annual fee are pretty unbeatable. I would say that if you can at least obtain Platinum tier, the card very well worth it. If you don't have the money to invest, the card is still a great option, but you might be able to find higher returns depending on the categories you spend the most in.
- Earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice (up to $50,000 in combined choice category/dining yearly purchases).
- Earn automatic 2% cash back on dining purchases (up to $50,000 in combined choice category/dining yearly purchases).
- Earn unlimited 1% on all other purchases.
- If you're a Preferred Rewards for Business member, you can earn 25% - 75% more cash back on every purchase
- 0% on purchases for 9 billing cycles from account opening
- Redeem your cash back as a deposit into your Bank of America checking or savings account, as a card statement credit or as a check mailed to you.
- Change your choice category for future purchases once each calendar month, or make no change and the category stays the same.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®
The Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard earns Travel Rewards Points at a flat rate of 1.5 points per $1 spent. You can also earn a bonus 1.5 points (for a total of 3 points) per $1 spent on purchases made on the Bank of America Travel Center. Points can be redeemed towards travel at a value of 1 cent per point which basically means this is a 1.5% card for travel.
When you factor in the Preferred Rewards for Business program, you can earn up to a 75% bonus on your earned points. This means you can earn up to 5.25 points per $1 spent on the Bank of America Travel Center and up to 2.625 points per $1 spent on all other purchases which is great considering the card has no annual fee, no authorized user fee, and no foreign transaction fee. If you don't have the money to invest, this becomes your standard 1.5% card with a bonus on portal spending which still makes it a solid option for earning easy rewards that can be redeemed towards your business travel purchases.
- Earn 3 points per $1 spent when you book travel through the Bank of America Travel Center.
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Use your points to receive a statement credit for any travel-related purchases made on your card, or to pay for travel with no blackout dates at the Bank of America® Travel Center. Plus, you also have the choice to redeem for cash back or gift cards.
- Get 75% more points on the base earn of every purchase you make when you’re a Preferred Rewards for Business Platinum Honors tier member.
Best Cards By Spend Calculator
The Best Cards By Spend Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards will offer you the most rewards based on your business spend. Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
Results will consist of Bank of America business credit cards in which... there aren't that many. If you want to see how your spend will stack up with all business credit cards, I recommend checking out our list of the best business credit cards and using that calculator to see where Bank of America's credit cards fall for you.
The results below are estimates on how much you can earn with each of the listed credit cards based on the spend you entered in the fields above. Do note that these estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card and that they should be used for illustrative purposes only.
Credit cards featured in the article above may not appear in the results below based on the spend you entered. This is because what's considered the "top cards" or "best cards" may not be the same for you. You can click on 'Rewards Calculator' to get more details on the earning rates and benefits of each card listed as well as calculate rewards on a deeper level which includes:
- Comparing results against any credit card featured on the site
- Factoring in memberships and hotel elite status (if applicable)
- Viewing rewards as if you transferred them to partners
- Entering credit card bonuses and current sign up bonuses
- Toggling/editing annual fees and authorized user fees
Any spend that you entered into the fields above will roll over to all the credit card calculators on the website, so it's no need to re-enter information.
Results will show up to the top 10 best credit cards. Depending on the spend or the cards available, it may show less.