Hotel credit cards offer the ability to earn hotel rewards points on your every purchases. These cards also typically offer complimentary elite status or benefits that closely mirrors having elite status. If you're loyal to a specific chain, you'll want to check out any co-branded credit cards they may offer as it could useful depending on your needs when staying at the brand.
Outside of using co-branded hotel credit cards, you can also earn rewards with several hotel chains by transferring rewards earned in partner programs directly to your hotel loyalty account. This is generally the best way to earn rewards points on non-hotel spend since co-branded hotel credit cards usually offer low returns for non-hotel spend in most cases.
This page covers credit cards that can help you build up your hotel rewards points with popular chains or give you a great return on your general hotel spending. The Point Calculator's top picks for best credit cards for hotels are:
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card: Best For Hilton Points
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card: Best For Marriott Spend
- World of Hyatt Credit Card: Best For Hyatt Spend
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card: Best For Marriott Benefits
- IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card: Best For IHG Points
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best For Luxury Travel & Hotel Elite Status
- American Express® Gold Card: Best For Transferable Points To Marriott and Hilton
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Best For Transferable Points To Hyatt & IHG Spend
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card: Best For Business Marriott Travel
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Best For Business Hilton Travel
- Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio.
- Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.
- $95 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases + 10X total points on eligible purchases in select categories.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year. Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
- Get 1 free night each year after your Cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open
- Receive 5 tier qualifying night credits towards status after account opening, and each year after that for as long as your account is open
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 in a calendar year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, earn up to $200 in Statement Credits for eligible purchases at U.S. Restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy Hotels. 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass(TM) Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $450 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Enjoy a Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide
- Enjoy a Reward Night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- Terms Apply.
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Get up to 12 complimentary months of an Uber Eats Pass subscription when you enroll with your Gold Card by 12/31/21.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
- $300 annual travel credit as a reimbursement for travel purchases charged to the account
- 50% point value boost when you redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Welcome Offer: Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 of eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn up to $150 back in statement credits on eligible purchases made on your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Terms Apply.
- Enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
- Relax with 10 free airport lounge visits each year once enrolled in complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, which offers access to more than 1,300 lounges across 140 countries and counting.
- Terms Apply.
- Current Sign-Up & Welcome Bonuses
- Rates & Fees
- Credit Score Recommendations
- Reviews & Card Ratings
Best Hotel Credit Cards
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Best For||Rewards Calculator|
|Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card||$95||Hilton Points||Calculate|
|Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card||$95||Marriott Spend||Calculate|
|Chase World of Hyatt Card||$95||Hyatt Spend||Calculate|
|Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card||$450||Marriott Benefits||Calculate|
|IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card||$89||IHG Spend||Calculate|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||$550||Luxury Travel & Hotel Elite Status||Calculate|
|American Express® Gold Card||$250||Transferable Points To Marriott and Hilton||Calculate|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||$550||Transferable Points To Hyatt & IHG||Calculate|
|Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card||$125||Marriott Business Travelers||Calculate|
|The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card||$95||Hilton Business Travelers||Calculate|
Best For Hilton Points: Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card is one of the best hotel rewards credit cards on the market. It earns a very generous 12X Hilton Honors Points on Hilton purchases, 6X on restaurants, supermarkets, and gas station purchases in the U.S., and 3X on everything else. Benefits of the card include complimentary Hilton Gold Status as well as a free weekend night after spending $15,000 on the card during the calendar year. It's the best well-rounded option if you enjoy staying at Hilton brand hotels.
Best For Marriott Spend: Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
The best entry-level credit card for earning hotel rewards spending with Marriott is the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card. It earns 6X Marriott Bonvoy Points at Marriott brand properties and 2X on all other purchases. The card offers an annual free night award valued up to 35,000 points every year after the account anniversary which easily makes this card worth picking up if you stay at Marriott brand hotels. The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card also offers Silver Elite status as well as 15 elite nights towards elite status each calendar year.
Best For Hyatt Spend: World of Hyatt Credit Card
The Chase World of Hyatt Card is best credit card if you're looking to earn rewards spending with Hyatt. The card earns 4X Hyatt Points at Hyatt hotels, 2X on restaurant, airline tickets (purchased directly from the airline), transit, and fitness club/gym membership spending, and 1X on everything else. The card comes with an annual free night good at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel, complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status, and qualifying nights towards elite status. Hyatt Points are generally worth around 1.8 cents per point, so this card can offer a superb return on your spend.
Best For Marriott Benefits: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
If you want to take a step up with Marriott in terms of earning rewards and receiving benefits, you'll want to consider the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card. The card offers 6X Marriott Bonvoy Points at Marriott properties, 3X at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines, and 2X spent everywhere else. It comes with an annual free night award valued up to 50,000 points, up to an annual $300 Marriott statement credit, up to a $100 property credit when booking 2-night or longer stays at St. Regis or The Ritz-Carlton properties, Priority Pass Membership, complimentary Marriott Gold Elite Status, and more. It's very easy to get a significant amount of value out of this card, even if you only stay at Marriott properties a handful of times per year.
Best For IHG Points: IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
If you enjoy IHG hotels, the best card for hotel rewards will be the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card. It earns 10X IHG Points at IHG properties, 2X on gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurant purchases, and 1X on all other purchases. The card offers an annual free night award, the ability to enjoy a 5th night free when you redeem points for a stay of 4 or more nights, complimentary IHG Platinum Elite status, and up to $100 towards a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application.
Best For Luxury Travel & Hotel Elite Status: The Platinum Card® from American Express
The Platinum Card® from American Express is a luxury travel card that offers a long list of elite travel benefits. This includes complimentary Marriott Gold elite status and Hilton Honors Gold elite status which can be nice if you enjoy staying with either hotel chain. The Platinum Card is most known for the AMEX Global Lounge Collection benefit which grants access to American Express Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges, Delta SkyClub Lounges (when flying Delta), Airspace Lounges, and Escape Lounges. Another big plus to The Platinum Card is that authorized users added to the card also get to experience the majority of these perks, even when they aren't traveling with the primary cardholder.
Best For Transferable Points To Marriott and Hilton: American Express® Gold Card
The American Express Gold Card is one of the best credit cards for earning rewards points. It earns 4X Membership Rewards Points at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets, 3X on flights booked directly with airlines or on the American Express Travel Portal, and 1X on all other purchases. Points earned with the card can be transferred to AMEX's airline and hotel partners which includes Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, and Choice Privileges.
Best For Transferable Points To Hyatt & IHG Spend: Chase Sapphire Reserve®
The Chase Sapphire Reserve is a premium travel card that offers a long list of elite benefits and gives you an excellent return on your spend. The card earns 3X Ultimate Rewards Points on both travel and dining purchases and 1X on everything else. As a cardholder, you'll be able to redeem points for 50% more value through the Chase Travel Portal meaning that points can easily be redeemed for 1.5 cents each. You can also transfer your earned points to Chase's airline and hotel partners which includes Marriott Bonvoy, IHG Rewards Club, and World of Hyatt. Other benefits include up to $300 in annual travel credit, Priority Pass membership, top-notch travel insurance, and more.
Best For Marriott Business Travelers: Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
If you business deals with Marriott often, you might want to consider picking up the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card. It earns 6X Marriott Bonvoy Points at Marriott properties, 4X on restaurant, gas station, wireless telephone services, and shipping purchases made in the U.S., and 2X on everything else. The card offers a free night annually valued at up to 35,000 points, complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status, and 15 elite nights towards achieving a higher status in the program. It's great if you want to earn points on your business spend redeemable towards Marriott.
Best For Hilton Business Travelers: The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
One of the best business credit cards in the market is The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card due to it's excellent return on spending. It earns 12X Hilton Honors Points at Hilton properties, 6X on gas station, wireless telephone providers, shipping, and restaurant purchases made in the U.S., 6X on car rental purchases and airfare booked directly or through the AMEX Travel portal, and 3X on everything else. Benefits of the card include complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, 10 Priority Pass visits, the ability to earn up to two Weekend Night Rewards running spend through the card, and more.
Best Hotel Credit Cards By Spend Calculator
The Best Hotel Credit Cards By Spend Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards will offer you the most rewards based on your spend. Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
Results will consist of top-rated hotel and travel credit cards. For co-branded hotel credit cards listed in the results, hotel spend will be listed as if you spent money strictly with that hotel brand.
The results below are estimates on how much you can earn with each of the listed credit cards based on the spend you entered in the fields above.
Rewards Calculator - Learn more about the card(s), dive deeper into calculating rewards, and compare results side by side other cards featured on the site.
See All Available Offers - Apply for cards through our partner and get the up-to-date details on rates & fees, intro bonuses, credit score recommendations, and more.