Hotel credit cards offer the ability to earn hotel rewards points on your every purchases and typically grant complimentary elite status as well as additional benefits. Review the best hotel credit cards and calculate which cards can earn you the most rewards based on your spend.
Best Hotel Credit Cards
Hotel credit cards offer the ability to earn hotel rewards points on your purchases. Other benefits typically include complimentary elite status or benefits that closely mirrors having elite status.
If you're loyal to a specific chain, you'll want to check out any co-branded credit cards they may offer as it could useful depending on your needs when staying at the brand.
Outside of using co-branded hotel credit cards, you can also earn rewards with several hotel chains by transferring rewards earned in partner programs directly to your hotel loyalty account.
This is generally the best way to earn rewards points on non-hotel spend since co-branded hotel credit cards usually offer low returns for non-hotel spend in most cases.
This page details our top picks for the best hotel credit cards from our partners. There's also a Rewards Calculator at the bottom of this page that you can use to estimate which hotel credit cards can earn you the best average return on your spend.
The cards on this page are updated periodically. New cards are introduced from time to time and the benefits of current cards could change at any time. If you're looking for credit cards based on other criteria, you can check all of our best credit cards lists.
You can also use our Credit Card Finder Tool to search by spend across all credit cards in our database.
Best Overall Hilton Card
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card is one of the best hotel rewards credit cards on the market.
It earns a very generous 12X Hilton Honors Points on Hilton purchases, 6X on restaurants, supermarkets, and gas station purchases in the U.S., and 3X on everything else.
Benefits of the card include complimentary Hilton Gold Status as well as a free weekend night after spending $15,000 on the card during the calendar year.
When compared to the other Hilton credit cards in the line-up, it's the most well-rounded option if you enjoy staying at Hilton brand hotels and want to get great value out of your spend.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/25/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Enjoy $0 intro Annual Fee for the first year, then $95. Offer expires 8/25/2021.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio.
- Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.
- Terms Apply.
Best For Marriott Spending
The best entry-level credit card for earning hotel rewards spending with Marriott is the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card.
It earns 6X Marriott Bonvoy Points at Marriott brand properties and 2X on all other purchases.
The card offers an annual free night award valued at up to 35,000 points every year after the account anniversary. This benefit alone can offer superb value and easily makes this card worth it if you stay at Marriott brand hotels.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card also offers Silver Elite status as well as 15 elite nights towards elite status each calendar year. Elite nights earned with this card can be combined with the 15 elite nights earned with the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card for a total of 30 elite nights every year for automatic Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
- Earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases + 10X total points on eligible purchases in select categories.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™ thanks to complimentary elite status.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year. Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
Best For Hyatt Spending
The Chase World of Hyatt Card is best credit card if you're looking to earn rewards spending with Hyatt.
The card earns 4X Hyatt Points at Hyatt hotels, 2X on restaurant, airline tickets (purchased directly from the airline), transit, and fitness club/gym membership spending, and 1X on everything else.
The card comes with an annual free night good at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel which offers significantly more value than the annual fee of the card.
Other benefits include complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status and qualifying nights towards elite status.
The Point Calculator values Hyatt Points to be worth 1.8 cents per point on average, so this card can offer a superb return on your spend no matter what you use it for.
- Get 1 free night each year after your Cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open
- Receive 5 tier qualifying night credits towards status after account opening, and each year after that for as long as your account is open
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 in a calendar year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
Best For Maximum Marriott Benefits & Value
If you want to take a step up with Marriott in terms of earning rewards and receiving benefits, you'll want to consider the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card.
It card offers 6X Marriott Bonvoy Points at Marriott properties, 3X at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines, and 2X spent everywhere else.
It features an annual free night award valued at up to 50,000 points which can easily offer hundreds in value. The card also offers up to an annual $300 Marriott statement credit, up to a $100 property credit when booking 2-night or longer stays at St. Regis or The Ritz-Carlton properties, Priority Pass Membership, complimentary Marriott Gold Elite Status, and more.
It's very easy to get a significant amount of value out of this card, even if you only stay at Marriott properties a handful of times per year.
- Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, earn up to $200 in Statement Credits for eligible purchases at U.S. Restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy Hotels. 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass(TM) Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $450 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
Best For IHG Spending
If you enjoy IHG hotels, the best card for hotel rewards will be the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card.
It earns 10X IHG Points at IHG properties, 2X on gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurant purchases, and 1X on all other purchases.
The card offers an annual free night award, the ability to enjoy a 5th night free when you redeem points for a stay of 4 or more nights, complimentary IHG Platinum Elite status, and up to $100 towards a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application.
Overall, the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card packs some great value for such a low annual fee.
- Enjoy a Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide
- Enjoy a Reward Night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
Best For Hotel Elite Status & Benfits
The Platinum Card® from American Express is a luxury travel card that offers a long list of elite travel perks and benefits.
It is most known for the American Express Global Lounge Collection which grants access to American Express Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges, Delta SkyClub Lounges (when flying Delta), Airspace Lounges, and Escape Lounges.
In addition to extensive lounge access, the card offers complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status and Hilton Honors Gold Elite status which can be nice if you enjoy staying at either hotel chain.
Amongst many other benefits, The Platinum Card also offers $1,400 in credits. This includes up to $200 in Uber Cash, $100 in Saks Fifth credits, $300 in Equniox credits, $240 in digital entertainment credit, $200 to use towards prepaid hotels via AMEX Travel, $179 CLEAR credit, up to $100 towards Global Entry or TSA PreCheck, and $200 to use towards incidentals made with an airline of your choice.
What makes this card even better is that authorized Platinum Card users added to the card also get to experience the majority of these perks, even when they aren't traveling with the primary cardholder.
These are just some of the benefits of The Platinum Card. Overall, it's a card that offers a significant amount of value and is top-notch for anyone looking to experience luxury travel benefits.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Transferable Rewards To Marriott & Hilton
The American Express Gold Card is one of the best credit cards for earning rewards points.
It earns 4X Membership Rewards Points at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets, 3X on flights booked directly with airlines or on the American Express Travel Portal, and 1X on all other purchases.
The card also offers up to $120 in annual Uber credits and up to $120 in annual dining credits, both dished out in $10 increments every month.
Points earned with the card can be redeemed for 1 cent each towards travel purchases made through the American Express Travel Portal.
You can also transfer Membership Rewards Points to AMEX's airline and hotel partners. American Express partners with Marriott, Hilton, and Choice, and you'll be able to easily transfer your points once you link your accounts.
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Get up to 12 complimentary months of an Uber Eats Pass subscription when you enroll with your Gold Card by 12/31/21.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Transferable Rewards To Hyatt & IHG
If you're looking to earn rewards that can easily be redeemed for travel or transferred to your favorite travel programs, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® is a good start.
It earns 2X Ultimate Rewards Points on both travel and dining purchases and 1X on all other purchases.
Points earned with the Chase Sapphire Preferred® can be redeemed for a 25% bonus when used towards travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. This gives you an easy redemption value of 1.25 cents towards hotels, airlines, and other forms of travel.
You can also transfer Ultimate Rewards Points to Chase's airline and hotel parnters. Chase partners with Marriott, Hyatt, and IHG, so you'll be able to top off your hotel loyalty account with these programs with ease.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Best Overall Value For Travelers
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is a premium travel card that offers a long list of elite benefits and gives you an excellent return on your spend.
The card earns 3X Ultimate Rewards Points on both travel and dining purchases and 1X on everything else.
As a cardholder, you'll be able to redeem points for 50% more value through the Chase Travel Portal meaning that points can easily be redeemed for 1.5 cents each.
You can also transfer your earned points to Chase's airline and hotel partners which, on the hotel side, includes Marriott, IHG, and Hyatt.
Other benefits of the Chase Sapphire Reserve® include up to $300 in annual travel credit, Priority Pass membership, and top-notch travel insurance.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more
Best Hotel Credit Cards Summary
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Best For||Rewards Calculator|
|Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card||$95||Best Overall Hilton Card||Learn More|
|Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card||$95||Best For Marriott Spending||Learn More|
|Chase World of Hyatt Card||$95||Best For Hyatt Spending||Learn More|
|Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card||$450||Best For Maximum Marriott Benefits & Value||Learn More|
|IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card||$89||Best For IHG Spending||Learn More|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||$695||Best For Hotel Elite Status & Benfits||Learn More|
|American Express® Gold Card||$250||Best For Transferable Rewards To Marriott & Hilton||Learn More|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred®||$95||Best For Transferable Rewards To Hyatt & IHG||Learn More|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||$550||Best Overall Value For Travelers||Learn More|
Best Hotel Credit Cards By Spend Calculator
The Best Hotel Credit Cards By Spend Calculator will give you an idea of which hotel credit cards will offer you the most rewards based on your spend.
Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
Results will consist of top-rated hotel and travel credit cards. For co-branded hotel credit cards listed in the results, hotel spend will be listed as if you spent money strictly with that hotel brand.
Remember that hotel credit cards offer benefits that can save you money or add significant value to the card. This includes benefits such as complimentary status, room upgrades, and more. You'll want to take this into consideration along with the return you'll get running spend through the card.
The results below are estimates on how much you can earn based on the spend you entered in the fields above.
Rewards Calculator - Learn more about the card, dive deeper into calculating rewards, and compare the results side by side other cards featured on the site.
View All Offers - Apply for cards through our partner and get the up-to-date details on rates & fees, intro bonuses, credit score recommendations, and more.