The Point Calculator's top picks for the 7 best Mastercard credit cards are:
- Citi® Double Cash Card
- Citi Premier® Card
- Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Sam's Club® Mastercard®
Citi® Double Cash Card
The Citi Double Cash Card is one of the best flat-rate cash back Mastercard credit cards on the market. It earns 2% cash back on all purchases in which you'll earn 1% cash back on the purchase and another 1% when you pay off that purchase. Cash back earned can easily be applies towards the card purchases as a statement credit which makes the rewards really flexible.
- To earn cash back, pay at least the minimum due on time.
- Cash back earned can be converted to the Citi ThankYou Rewards program
Citi Premier® Card
The Citi Premier Card is a well-rounded travel card that earns 3 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on restaurants, supermarkets, gas stations, air travel, and hotel purchases. Points earned are worth around 1 cent each on average, but they can be transferred to Citi's airline partners for a chance at great value.
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card
The Bank of America Cash Rewards credit card earns 3% cash back on a select category of your choice, 2% back on grocery stores and wholesale club purchases, and 1% back everywhere else. This Mastercard offers the best returns if you're a Preferred Rewards member which can earn you up to a 75% bonus. This means that you would be able to earn up to 5.25% on your select category, 3.5% on grocery stores and wholesale club purchases, and 1.75% on all other purchases. The Bank of American Cash Rewards credit card has no annual fee which means you can really rake in some easy cash back.
- No annual fee
- $200 online cash rewards bonus after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice, automatic 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (up to $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club quarterly purchases) and unlimited 1% on all other purchases
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 13.99% - 23.99% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee (min $10) applies to all balance transfers
- No expiration on rewards
- If you're a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25% - 75% more cash back on every purchase
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
If you're looking for an easy, flat rate cash back credit card, the Capital One Quicksilver Card is one of the best Mastercard credit cards you can have in your wallet. It earns 1.5% cash back on all purchases, has no annual fee, and no foreign transaction fee. That makes it a great card for earning easy cash back domestically and internationally. Pair it with the Savor or Savor One Card (see below) and you have yourself a great cash back combo.
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 15.49%-25.49% variable APR after that
- Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
The no annual fee Capital One SavorOne Card is a great Mastercard credit card that earns 3% cash back on dining and entertainment purchases, 2% cash back on grocery, and 1% cash back on everything else. Cash back earned with the card can easily be redeemed towards purchases made on the card, gift cards, and more. Like all other Capital One credit cards, the SavorOne does not have a foreign transaction fee which makes it a great Mastercard for international travel.
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 15.49% - 25.49% variable APR after that
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fee
Chase Freedom Flex℠
The Chase Freedom Flex Card is a Mastercard that earns 5% cash back on quarterly rotating categories. This means that the bonus categories offered on the card changes every 3 months in alignment with normal calendar quarters (e.g. Jan-Mar, Apr-June, etc.). The categories on the Chase Freedom Flex Card for any given quarter is typically unknown up until 15 days prior to the start of a new quarter. Chase tends to stick to similar categories every year, so it's easy to predict what their categories might be. Regardless, the card has no annual fee and there's really no drawback to not having it.
- Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No annual fee.
Sam's Club® Mastercard®
If you're a Sam's Club member and you love to travel, you'll want to consider picking up the Sam's Club Mastercard. It earns 5% cash back on U.S. gas station purchases (includes Sam's Club and Walmart gas stations), up to 5% back on Sam's Club purchases as a Sam's Club Plus member, 3% back on dining purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases (including Sam's Club purchases). The card has no foreign transaction fee which makes it a great Mastercard to take along with you on international travel.
- Sam’s Club cardholders can easily make purchases, track spending, check and pay balances, and securely manage and freeze accounts via the Sam’s Club mobile app enabled by the Synchrony plug-in (‘SyPi’).
- Rewards are automatically loaded onto membership cards and can be used for future purchases made both online and in-club, or exchanged for cash back.
- Contact-free technology, including the integration of payments capabilities into Sam’s Scan & Go patented solution, both in-club and at the pump.
- Plus members earn 3% back on eligible purchases when shopping in-club or digitally through Sam’s Club when they use their Sam’s Club® Mastercard® and another 2% back from their Plus membership, for a total of up to 5% rewards on eligible purchases.
Best Cards By Spend Calculator
The Best Cards By Spend Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards will offer you the most rewards based on your spend. Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
Results will consist of top-rated credit cards that are tied to the Mastercard network. Mastercard business credit cards will not appear in the results.
The results below are estimates on how much you can earn with each of the listed credit cards based on the spend you entered in the fields above. Do note that these estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card and that they should be used for illustrative purposes only.
Credit cards featured in the article above may not appear in the results below based on the spend you entered. This is because what's considered the "top cards" or "best cards" may not be the same for you. You can click on 'Rewards Calculator' to get more details on the earning rates and benefits of each card listed as well as calculate rewards on a deeper level which includes:
- Comparing results against any credit card featured on the site
- Factoring in memberships and hotel elite status (if applicable)
- Viewing rewards as if you transferred them to partners
- Entering credit card bonuses and current sign up bonuses
- Toggling/editing annual fees and authorized user fees
Any spend that you entered into the fields above will roll over to all the credit card calculators on the website, so it's no need to re-enter information.
Results will show up to the top 10 best credit cards. Depending on the spend or the cards available, it may show less.
- Current Sign-Up & Welcome Bonuses
- Rates & Fees
- Credit Score Recommendations