The Point Calculator's top picks for the 5 best airline credit cards with no annual fee are:
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
- Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
- United Gateway℠ Card
- Citi Rewards+® Card
- Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
American Airlines has one no-annual fee credit card called the AAdvantage MileUp Card. It earns 2 AAdvantage Miles per $1 spent at grocery stores and on American Airlines purchases and 1 mile per $1 spent everywhere else. The card offers 25% off in-flight purchases which can be great if you frequently make purchases on-board AA flights.
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for each $1 spent at grocery stores, including grocery delivery services
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Save 25% on inflight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights
Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
The Delta SkyMiles Blue AMEX Card is Delta's no-annual fee card. It earns 2 SkyMiles per $1 spent on Delta purchases and at restaurants worldwide and 1 SkyMile per $1 spent on all other purchases. The card offers a 20% off in-flight purchases and has no foreign transaction fee which makes it a solid option for earning SkyMiles on international spend.
- Earn 2X Miles per dollar at restaurants, now worldwide.
- Earn 2X Miles per dollar spent on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- No Annual Fee and No Foreign Transaction Fees.
United Gateway℠ Card
United offers the United Gateway Card if you're looking to earn United Miles without paying an annual fee. The card earns 2 United Miles per $1 spent on United, gas station, and transit purchases. All other purchases earn 1 mile per $1 spent. Card benefits include 25% off in-flight purchases, access to the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection, and some pretty great travel and purchase protection especially for a card with no annual fee.
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent at grocery stores, on up to $1,500 per month through 9/30/2021
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United Airlines purchases, at gas stations and on local transit and commuting
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fee
Citi Rewards+® Card
The Citi Rewards+ Card earns 2 ThankYou Points per $1 spent at supermarkets and gas stations for the first $6,000 per year (then 1x) and 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent everywhere else. ThankYou Points can be transferred to more than 10 airlines including JetBlue Airways, Singapore Airlines, and Emirates. This gives you more flexibility in terms of how you want to use your rewards since you will not be tied to a specific airline.
- Earn 2X ThankYou® Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter.
- Earn 1X ThankYou® Points on all other purchases
- Purchases automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase - with no cap
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.49% - 23.49%, based on your creditworthiness.
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One VentureOne Card is another great option if you're looking for flexibility. It earns an unlimited 1.25 Venture Miles per $1 spent on all purchases. Venture Miles can be redeemed towards travel at a value of 1 cent per point or you can transfer your points to Capital One's airline and hotel partners. The plus to Venture Miles is that they can be redeemed for smaller travel purchases such as parking fees, tolls, and other one-off charges in which top travel cards don't typically give you great value for. The Capital One VentureOne Card also has no foreign transaction fee which makes it a great no-annual fee card for international travel and spending.
- Earn an unlimited 1.25X miles per $1 spent on every purchase, every day.
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn.
- Use your miles to fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime.
- Transfer your miles to over 10+ travel loyalty programs
Best Cards By Spend Calculator
The Best Cards By Spend Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards will offer you the most rewards based on your spend. Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
Results will consist of top-rated credit cards that earn airline miles or rewards that are transferrable to frequent flyer programs. Business credit cards will not appear in these results.
The results below are estimates on how much you can earn with each of the listed credit cards based on the spend you entered in the fields above. Do note that these estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card and that they should be used for illustrative purposes only.
Credit cards featured in the article above may not appear in the results below based on the spend you entered. This is because what's considered the "top cards" or "best cards" may not be the same for you. You can click on 'Rewards Calculator' to get more details on the earning rates and benefits of each card listed as well as calculate rewards on a deeper level which includes:
- Comparing results against any credit card featured on the site
- Factoring in memberships and hotel elite status (if applicable)
- Viewing rewards as if you transferred them to partners
- Entering credit card bonuses and current sign up bonuses
- Toggling/editing annual fees and authorized user fees
Any spend that you entered into the fields above will roll over to all the credit card calculators on the website, so it's no need to re-enter information.
Results will show up to the top 10 best credit cards. Depending on the spend or the cards available, it may show less.
- Current Sign-Up & Welcome Bonuses
- Rates & Fees
- Credit Score Recommendations