The Point Calculator's top picks for the best no foreign transaction fee credit cards are:
- American Express® Gold Card
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Citi Premier® Card
- Sam's Club® Mastercard®
- Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
American Express® Gold Card
If you spend heavy on restaurant purchases when traveling internationally, the American Express® Gold Card will be one of the best no foreign transaction fee credit cards for building rewards. It earns 4 Membership Rewards Points per $1 spent on restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets, 3 points per $1 spent on airfare, and 1 point per $1 on everything else. Benefits of the card includes $120 in annual dining credits and $120 in annual Uber Cash. Points can be redeemed for a 1 cents each towards airfare or be transferred to AMEX's airline and hotel partners which includes Delta Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Marriott International, and Hilton Hotels.
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- $120 Uber Cash: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Terms Apply.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
If you want a simple cash back credit card with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee, you'll want to sweep up the Capital One Quicksilver Card. It earns an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases worldwide. Cash back can be redeemed for statement credits, travel, gift cards, and just about anything else.
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 15.49%-25.49% variable APR after that
- Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One SavorOne Card is another great cash back option with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee. It earns 3% back on dining and entertainment purchases, 2% back on grocery, and 1% back on all other purchases. The card pairs well with the Capital One Quicksilver Card to ensure that you'll never earn less than a 1.5% return on your spending.
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 15.49% - 25.49% variable APR after that
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fee
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
If you want to earn rewards towards travel on your international spending, consider the Capital One Venture Card. It earns an unlimited 2 Venture Miles per $1 spent on all purchases. Miles can be redeemed towards travel at a rate of 1 cent per mile or you can transfer your miles to Capital One's airline and hotel partners for a chance at even more value.
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Redeem on travel—including flights, vacation rentals, car rentals and more. Plus transfer your miles to over 15+ travel loyalty programs
- No foreign transaction fees
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
If you're looking for a premium credit card that offers elite travel benefits, look no further than the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. It earns 3 Ultimate Rewards Points per $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else. Points can be redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards at a value of 1.5 cents per point which is fantastic. You can also transfer Ultimate Rewards Points to a handful of airline and hotel partners for a shot at even more value. Benefits of the card include $300 in annual travel credit, Priority Pass Membership, and top notch travel insurance.
- $300 annual travel credit as a reimbursement for travel purchases charged to the account
- 50% point value boost when you redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
Citi Premier® Card
The Citi Premier Card is a great well-rounded credit card that earns 3 ThankYou Rewards Points per $1 spent on airfare, hotel, gas station, supermarket, and restaurant purchases and 1 point per $1 spent on everything else. Points can be redeemed through Citi for be transferred to Citi's airline and hotel partners.
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
Sam's Club® Mastercard®
If you're a Sam's Club member, the Sam's Club Mastercard is a great credit card for travel. It earns up to 5% back at Sam's Club for Sam's Club Plus members, 5% back at U.S. gas stations on up to $6,000 per year (then 1%), 3% back on dining, and 1% back on everything else. Rewards earned with the Sam's Club Mastercard are issued annually in the form of either cash back or you can use it towards purchases in-store or online with Sam's Club. When spending internationally, you will be able to take advantage of the bonus cash back on dining.
- Sam’s Club cardholders can easily make purchases, track spending, check and pay balances, and securely manage and freeze accounts via the Sam’s Club mobile app enabled by the Synchrony plug-in (‘SyPi’).
- Rewards are automatically loaded onto membership cards and can be used for future purchases made both online and in-club, or exchanged for cash back.
- Contact-free technology, including the integration of payments capabilities into Sam’s Scan & Go patented solution, both in-club and at the pump.
- Plus members earn 3% back on eligible purchases when shopping in-club or digitally through Sam’s Club when they use their Sam’s Club® Mastercard® and another 2% back from their Plus membership, for a total of up to 5% rewards on eligible purchases.
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
If you're on the Costco side of the fence, the Costco Anywhere Visa Card is a fantastic card for building rewards on international spending. The card earns 4% cash back on gas station purchases (includes Costco Gas Station), 3% back on travel and restaurant purchases, 2% back in-store and online with Costco, and 1% back on everything else. Rewards are offered annually in the form of cash back or credit that can be used in-store or online with Costco. Being able to earn 3% on both travel and restaurant purchases worldwide is a big plus to this card.
- Discover one of Citi’s best cash back rewards cards designed exclusively for Costco members
- No annual fee with your paid Costco membership and enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Receive an annual credit card reward certificate, which is redeemable for cash or merchandise at U.S. Costco warehouses, including Puerto Rico
Best Cards By Spend Calculator
The Best Cards By Spend Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards will offer you the most rewards based on your spend. Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
Results will consist of top-rated credit cards that have no foreign transaction fee. Business cards will not appear in this list.
The results below are estimates on how much you can earn with each of the listed credit cards based on the spend you entered in the fields above. Do note that these estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card and that they should be used for illustrative purposes only.
Credit cards featured in the article above may not appear in the results below based on the spend you entered. This is because what's considered the "top cards" or "best cards" may not be the same for you. You can click on 'Rewards Calculator' to get more details on the earning rates and benefits of each card listed as well as calculate rewards on a deeper level which includes:
- Comparing results against any credit card featured on the site
- Factoring in memberships and hotel elite status (if applicable)
- Viewing rewards as if you transferred them to partners
- Entering credit card bonuses and current sign up bonuses
- Toggling/editing annual fees and authorized user fees
Any spend that you entered into the fields above will roll over to all the credit card calculators on the website, so it's no need to re-enter information.
Results will show up to the top 10 best credit cards. Depending on the spend or the cards available, it may show less.