The Point Calculator's top picks for the best Visa credit cards are:
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- United℠ Explorer Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
- IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
- Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
- U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture Card is one of the best Visa credit cards for building travel rewards at a flat rate. It earns 2 Venture Miles per $1 spent on all purchases which can be redeemed towards travel at 1 cent per point or can be Capital One's airline partners decent value. The Venture Card is great for international travel since it has no foreign transaction fee and it shines best when you focus all of your spend across the card throughout the year.
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Redeem on travel—including flights, vacation rentals, car rentals and more. Plus transfer your miles to over 15+ travel loyalty programs
- No foreign transaction fees
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
If you want top of the line travel rewards points and benefits with your Visa card, the Chase Sapphire Reserve will be the card to go for. It earns 3 Ultimate Rewards Points per $1 spent on travel and dining, and 1 point per $1 spent on everything else. The Sapphire Reserve is loaded with benefits which includes a $300 annual travel credit, 50% redemption value boost on travel through Chase's portal, Priority Pass membership, top notch travel and purchase insurance, and much more. It's easy to redeem points for 1.5 cents towards travel with Chase or transfer them to Chase's airline and hotel partners for a chance at even more value.
- $300 annual travel credit as a reimbursement for travel purchases charged to the account
- 50% point value boost when you redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
The Chase Freedom Unlimited stands out as one of the best cash back Visa cards. This is due to the 5% back on travel purchases, 3% back on dining and drugstore purchases, and 1.5% back on everything else. There aren't many no-annual fee cards that offer an easy 1.5% return across non-category spend while still earning a solid return in several other categories.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No annual fee
Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card
The Bank of America Premium Rewards credit card earns 2 Travel Rewards Points per $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and 1.5 points per $1 spent everywhere else. Points can be redeemed for 1 cent each towards gift cards, travel purchased through the Bank of America Travel Center, and cash redemptions which makes this a great Visa card option if you're looking for simple rewards.
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- Get up to $100 in Airline Incidental Credits annually and TSA Pre✓®/Global Entry Statement Credits of up to $100, every four years
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill® accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
The Chase Southwest Priority Card is one of the best Visa card options if you want to earn a steady stream of Southwest Points and receive several benefits when flying Southwest. The card earns 2 Southwest Points per $1 spent with Southwest and Southwest's Hotel & Car Partners and 1 point per $1 spent on everything else. Benefits of the card include an annual $75 travel credit, anniversary points, boarding upgrades, and in-flight discounts. You can also run spend through the Southwest Priority Card to earn Tier Qualifying Points towards status.
- 7,500 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary each year.
- $75 Southwest® travel credit each year.
- 4 Upgraded Boardings per year when available.
- 20% back on in-flight drinks and WiFi.
United℠ Explorer Card
If you're looking to earn airline miles with United, the United Explorer Card is a great entry-level Visa card. It earns 2 United Miles per $1 spent on United, restaurant, and hotel purchases and 1 mile per $1 spent on everything else. The card offers a handful of useful and money saving benefits such as a free checked bag, priority boarding, annual United Club passes, discounts on in-flight purchases, and superb travel insurance.
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fee Credit
- 25% back on United inflight purchases
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $140 per roundtrip) when you use your card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
The Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card is an entry level hotel rewards Visa card that's great if you're looking for a card specifically for Marriott spend. It earns 6 Marriott Bonvoy Points per $1 spent with Marriott and 2 points per $1 spent on everything else. Benefits of the card include an annual free night value up to 35,000 points (which is worth the fee alone), 15 elite nights towards elite status, and complimentary Marriott Silver Elite status.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™. That's 6X with the card and 11X as a Silver Elite member.
- Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
If you enjoy staying at IHG, you'll want to pick up the IHG Premier Card as it's the best Visa card for earning IHG Points when staying at their properties. The card earns 10 IHG Points per $1 spent at IHG, 2 points per $1 spent across grocery, gas station, and restaurant purchases, and 1 point per $1 spent on everything else. The card offers a list of benefits including access to their 4th night free benefits, complimentary IHG Gold Elite status, 20% off the purchase of IHG Points, and great travel insurance.
- Enjoy a Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide
- Enjoy a Reward Night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
If you're a Costco member and you're looking for a great travel rewards Visa, the Costco Anywhere Visa Card will be a great fit. It earns 4% cash back on gas station purchases (on up to $7,000 in spend per year), 3% back on travel and restaurant purchases, 2% back in-store and online with Costco, and 1% back on everything else. If you're a Costco Executive member, cash back earned from that membership will stack on top of the rewards earned using the Visa which means you'll be earning a very nice 4% back altogether. The Costco Anywhere Visa Card also has no foreign transaction fee which makes it a nice Visa card for earning rewards on international travel and spending.
- Discover one of Citi’s best cash back rewards cards designed exclusively for Costco members
- No annual fee with your paid Costco membership and enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Receive an annual credit card reward certificate, which is redeemable for cash or merchandise at U.S. Costco warehouses, including Puerto Rico
U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card
If the Chase Sapphire Reserve doesn't quite match up with your spend habits, the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Card is another great premium card option. It earns 5 Altitude Rewards Points per $1 spent on hotel and car purchases in the Altitude Rewards Center, 3 points per $1 spent on travel and mobile wallet spending, and 1 point per $1 spent on everything else. Benefits of this card includes a $30 streaming credit, cell phone protection, and a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit. If you're big on mobile wallet spending, this is the card for you. Points earned with the Altitude Reserve Card are worth 1.5 cents each.
Best Cards By Spend Calculator
The Best Cards By Spend Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards will offer you the most rewards based on your spend. Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
Results will consist of top-rated credit cards that are tied to the Visa network. Visa Business credit cards will not be in the results.
The results below are estimates on how much you can earn with each of the listed credit cards based on the spend you entered in the fields above. Do note that these estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card and that they should be used for illustrative purposes only.
Credit cards featured in the article above may not appear in the results below based on the spend you entered. This is because what's considered the "top cards" or "best cards" may not be the same for you. You can click on 'Rewards Calculator' to get more details on the earning rates and benefits of each card listed as well as calculate rewards on a deeper level which includes:
- Comparing results against any credit card featured on the site
- Factoring in memberships and hotel elite status (if applicable)
- Viewing rewards as if you transferred them to partners
- Entering credit card bonuses and current sign up bonuses
- Toggling/editing annual fees and authorized user fees
Any spend that you entered into the fields above will roll over to all the credit card calculators on the website, so it's no need to re-enter information.
Results will show up to the top 10 best credit cards. Depending on the spend or the cards available, it may show less.
- Current Sign-Up & Welcome Bonuses
- Rates & Fees
- Credit Score Recommendations