Citi is an American multinational bank headquartered out of New York City, New York that offers banking and financial services worldwide. Citi offers cash back and Citi ThankYou Points credit cards. They also offer co-branded credit cards for a handful of retailers like Costco and Best Buy.
Citi Cash Back Credit Cards
Citi offers two cash back credit cards. The Citi Double Cash Card is one of the best flat-rate cash back credit cards on the market and the Citi Custom Cash Card is a top-tier cash back card if you're looking to earn 5% back on a single category. Combine both of these cards and you have yourself a solid cash back credit card combo.
- Earn $200 in cash back after you spend $750 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. This bonus offer will be fulfilled as 20,000 ThankYou® Points, which can be redeemed for $200 cash back.
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.99% - 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Earn 5% cash back on purchases in your top eligible spend category each billing cycle, up to the first $500 spent, 1% cash back thereafter. Also, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- No rotating bonus categories to sign up for – as your spending changes each billing cycle, your earn adjusts automatically when you spend in any of the eligible categories.
- No Annual Fee
- Citi will only issue one Citi Custom Cash℠ Card account per person.
- To earn cash back, pay at least the minimum due on time.
- Cash back earned can be converted to the Citi ThankYou Rewards program
Citi ThankYou Points
Cash back earned with Citi can be converted to ThankYou Rewards Points. If you own the Citi Prestige® Card or Citi Premier® Card, you'll be able to transfer ThankYou Points to Citi's airline partners which can make your points worth more than 1 cent each.
If you plan on redeeming rewards for travel and want to maximize your value, I highly suggest you pair Citi's cash back and ThankYou Rewards credit cards.
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Travel More with ThankYou® Points - Points are redeemable for flights on any airline when booked through the ThankYou Travel Center.
- Complimentary 4th Night Hotel Stay - Complimentary 4th Night at a hotel of your choice after a minimum 4 consecutive night booking through ThankYou.com (based on your average night stay, exclusive of taxes and fees). This benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year.
- Get a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Application Fee Credit on your statement up to $100
- Up to $250 Travel Credit Every Calendar Year
- Points Transfer - Easy points transfer to certain airline loyalty programs, including TrueBlue®, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
- VIP Lounge Access - Enjoy complimentary access to hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass™ Select.
Redeeming Citi Cash Back
Cash back earned with Citi can be redeemed for checks, statement credits or gift cards. Cash back can also be converted to Citi ThankYou Points at a rate of 1 cent for 1 point for those who have the Citi Chairman, Citi Prestige, or Citi Premier credit cards.