Chase is one of the top credit card issuers in the United States. They offer a wide range of credit cards which covers cash back, airline miles, hotel rewards points, and travel rewards points. Possibility one of the best benefits of having a Chase credit card is that their cards offer exceptional travel insurance which can be a money saver in the event travel doesn't go as planned. If you're looking for an excellent credit card for building rewards, we have you covered with this list of best Chase credit cards.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred®: Best For Beginners
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Best For Elite Travelers
- Chase World of Hyatt Card: Best For Hyatt Stays
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card: Best For Marriott Stays
- United℠ Explorer Card: Best For Occasional United Flyers
- United Gateway℠ Card: Best For United Miles with No Annual Fee
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card: Best For Frequent Southwest Flyers
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®: Best For Everyday Cash Back
- Chase Freedom Flex℠: Best For Rotating Bonus Categories
- Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card: Best For Office Supply Stores & Telecom
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card: Best For Business Rewards
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
- $300 annual travel credit as a reimbursement for travel purchases charged to the account
- 50% point value boost when you redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Get 1 free night each year after your Cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open
- Receive 5 tier qualifying night credits towards status after account opening, and each year after that for as long as your account is open
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 in a calendar year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases + 10X total points on eligible purchases in select categories.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year. Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fee Credit
- 25% back on United inflight purchases
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $140 per roundtrip) when you use your card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fee
- Earn 65,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
- 7,500 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary each year.
- $75 Southwest® travel credit each year.
- 4 Upgraded Boardings per year when available.
- 20% back on in-flight drinks and WiFi.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No annual fee
- Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No annual fee.
- Redeem rewards for cash back, gift cards, travel and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Redeem points for cash back, gift cards, travel and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- Purchase Protection covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account
Best Chase Credit Cards of 2021
|Credit Card||Best For||Annual Fee||Rewards Calculator|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred®||Best For Beginners||$95||Calculate|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||Best For Elite Travelers||$550||Calculate|
|Chase World of Hyatt Card||Best For Hyatt Stays||$95||Calculate|
|Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card||Best For Marriott Stays||$95||Calculate|
|United℠ Explorer Card||Best For Occasional United Flyers||$0 the first year, then $95||Calculate|
|United Gateway℠ Card||Best For United Miles with No Annual Fee||$0||Calculate|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card||Best For Occasional Southwest Flyers||$149||Calculate|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||Everyday Cash Back||$0||Calculate|
|Chase Freedom Flex℠||Rotating Bonus Categories||$0||Calculate|
|Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card||Office Supply Stores & Telecom||$0||Calculate|
|Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card||Best For Business Rewards||$95||Calculate|
Best For Beginners: Chase Sapphire Preferred®
Card Overview: The Chase Sapphire Preferred is the best credit card for anyone that is just starting out on understanding rewards points. It earns 2X points on travel and dining purchases and 1X points everywhere else. The card offers a 25% boost to point value when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards and you can also transfer points to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs for a chance at even more value. Like most Chase credit cards, it offers great travel insurance which can save you money in the case things do not go as planned.
Worth The Fee? The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is a great option if you're looking to build rewards towards travel or if you're new to earning rewards points. With a $95 fee, you'll want to make sure that this is one of your main credit cards for everyday spending as you'll want to make sure you earn enough points to make the card worth it in the long run.
Calculator: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Cash Value Calculator
Best For Elite Travelers: Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Card Overview: If you're looking for elite travel perks and a fantastic return on your spend, you'll want to grab up the Chase Sapphire Reserve. The card earns 3X points on travel and dining and 1X points on all other purchases. The card offers a 50% boost to point value when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards which means you'll always be able to redeem your points for at least 1.5 cents each. On top of that, you can also transfer your points to Chase's airline and hotel partners for a chance at even greater value. The Chase Sapphire Reserve is also stacked with benefits which includes $300 in annual travel credit, Priority Pass Lounge access, up to $100 towards a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application, great travel insurance, and much more.
Worth The Fee? The Chase Sapphire Reserve has an annual fee of $550. While that is a high pricing point, the card offers $300 in annual travel credits which applies to any travel purchases, Priority Pass membership which grants you access to airport lounges worldwide, and a 50% boost to point value when redeeming points toward travel in the portal. If you're a frequent traveler and love to dine out, it will be extremely easy to make up for the annual fee with the exceptional value this card offers.
Calculator: Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cash Value Calculator
Best For Hyatt Stays: Chase World of Hyatt Card
Card Overview: The Chase World of Hyatt Card is the best credit cards for spending at Hyatt and earning Hyatt Points. It earns 4X points at Hyatt hotels, 2X at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships, and 1X on everything else. The card offers 1 free night each year after you cardmember anniversary, complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status, 5 tier qualifying night credits towards status, and great travel insurance.
Worth The Fee? If you frequently visit Hyatt or you're looking to build your Hyatt Points, the Chase World of Hyatt Card is easily worth the $95 annual fee. In fact, the free night offered annual on this card will typically be worth significantly more than the annual fee as it can be used at any Category 1 to 4 Hyatt hotel. In addition to that, Hyatt Points have significantly high value so being able to earn 4X on hotel stays offers an incredible return on your spend.
Calculator: Chase World of Hyatt Card Cash Value Calculator
Best For Marriott Stays: Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
Card Overview: The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card is the best entry level credit card for earning Marriott Bonvoy Points on your Marriott spend. The card earns 6X at Marriott properties and 2X on all other purchases. It offers a free night award annually (valued up to 35,000 points), complimentary silver elite status, and 15 elite night credits towards achieving a higher status.
Worth The Fee? The annual fee for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card is $95 and that is easily covered by the free night offered annual on the card. The free night can be used at any Marriott hotel that costs up to 35,000 points and it offers an average value of around $245. In fact, even if you use it at some of Marriott lowest categories, you'll still find that most hotels will cost more than $95 per night. Overall, this card is easily worth the fee if you frequently visit Marriott brand hotels.
Best For Occasional United Flyers: United℠ Explorer Card
Card Overview: The best entry level credit card for United is the United Explorer Card. It earns 2X miles on hotel stays, on United purchases, and at restaurants. All other purchases on the card earns 1X miles. The card offers a decent list of benefits which includes a free checked bag, priority boarding, United Club passes, up to $100 towards a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit, travel insurance, and more. It's a great option if you occasionally fly United and want access to solid benefits.
Worth The Fee? The annual fee for the United Explorer Card is waived the first year then it'll cost you $95 annual thereafter. If you typically pay for bags with United or make frequent purchases in-flight, the United Explorer Card will easily be worth the fee due to the savings you'll rake in from both of these benefits.
Calculator: United℠ Explorer Card Cash Value Calculator
Best For United Miles with No Annual Fee: United Gateway℠ Card
Card Overview: The United Gateway Card is a no-annual fee airline rewards card that earns 3X miles at grocery stores on up to $1,500 per month through 9/30/2021, 2X on United Airlines purchases, at gas stations and on local transit and commuting, and 1X on all other purchases. It offers 25% back on in-flight purchases as well as good travel insurance.
Worth Picking Up? If you're looking to earn United Miles and you don't need the benefits offered on the United Explorer Card, the United Gateway Card is the next best option.
Calculator: United Gateway℠ Card Cash Value Calculator
Best For Frequent Southwest Flyers: Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
Card Overview: The Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card is a great option if you're looking for some great benefits with Southwest Airlines. The card earns 3X on dining (including takeout and eligible delivery services) the first year, 2X on Southwest purchases, and 1X on all other purchases. The card offers a handful of benefits which includes an annual $75 travel credit, 4 upgraded boardings annually, 7,500 anniversary points annually, and more.
Worth The Fee? The Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card has an annual fee of $149 per year. This is easily covered by the $75 in annual travel credit and 7,500 anniversary points offered annually. On top of that, the card offers 4 booking upgrades which adds even more value to the card. If you're big on in-flight purchases, the 20% discount can also help make up for the annual fee. Overall, I think the card is easily worth it if you frequently fly Southwest and you can make user of the benefits offered on the card.
Best For Everyday Cash Back: Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Card Overview: The Chase Freedom Unlimited is one of the best cash back credit cards in the market. It earns 5% cash back on the Chase Travel Portal, 3% back on dining at restaurants and drugstore purchases, and 1.5% back on all other purchases ran through the card. In addition to that, the card offers great travel insurance and has no annual fee.
Worth Picking Up? If you're looking to maximize your rewards with Chase regardless of whether you pick up a cash back or Ultimate Rewards credit card, you'll want to make sure to have the Chase Freedom Unlimited as one of the cards in your wallet.
Calculator: Chase Freedom Unlimited® Cash Value Calculator
Best For Rotating Bonus Categories: Chase Freedom Flex℠
Card Overview: The Chase Freedom Flex card features quarterly rotating bonus categories. You'll earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in quarterly spend between all featured categories. The card also earns an automatic 5% back on Chase Travel, 3% back on dining at restaurants and drugstore purchases, and 1% back on all other purchases. It has no annual fee and comes with great travel insurance.
Worth Picking Up? The Chase Freedom Flex is another great Chase credit card that can be paired with just about any Chase credit card. I highly recommend picking up the Chase Freedom Flex as it commonly features great categories such as gas stations, wholesale clubs, utilities, and more. With no annual fee, there's not really a downside to having the card.
Calculator: Chase Freedom Flex℠ Cash Value Calculator
Best For Office Supply Stores & Telecom: Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Card Overview: The Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card earns a whopping 5% cash back on up to $25,000 in combined spend at office supply stores and on internet, cable, and phone services, 2% cash back on up to $25,000 in combined spend between gas station and restaurant purchases, and 1% back on everything else. It has no annual fee and typically offers a 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases which is great for a business card.
Worth Picking Up? If you or your business runs heavy spend across the 5% cash back categories featured on this card, I recommend picking up the Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card. It can provide significant value and is one of the best cash back business cards on the market.
Best For Business Rewards: Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Card Overview: The Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card is one of the best business credit cards available due to it's high returns across several top business categories. It earns 3X points on up to $150,000 in combined annual spend on travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone, and advertising purchases and 1X points on everything else. The card grants a 25% boost to point value on Chase Travel redemptions which gives your points an easy value of 1.25 cents each. The Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card also offers great travel insurance.
Worth The Fee? If you're looking to build valuable rewards towards travel, the Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card is worth having. The $95 annual fee can easily be covered if your business frequently spends across the categories featured on the card. I also recommend pairing this card with one of Chase's business (or personal) cash back credit cards.
Chase offers co-branded credit cards for several airline and hotel programs, but they also offer their own cash back and Ultimate rewards points programs.
Chase Ultimate Rewards
Chase Ultimate Rewards is one of the top travel rewards programs in the United States due to the superb value you can get out of the program. Points earned can be redeemed for great value towards a long list of redemptions including statement credits, travel, gift cards, and more. The table below lists the most common redemptions and the value you'll get out of your points for each.
|Avg. Value of 1 Point||Redemption|
|$0.012 to $0.02+||Transferring To Partners|
|$0.015||Chase Travel Portal for Chase Sapphire Reserve|
|$0.0125||Chase Travel Portal for Chase Sapphire Preferred and Ink Business Preferred|
|$0.01||Travel for all other Chase credit cards|
|$0.01||Cash Back & Gift Cards|
|$0.008||Shop with Amazon|
Chase Cash Back
Chase offers several cash back credit cards that earns cash back on everyday spending. The cash back earned with these cards are displayed as points and these points can be redeemed for cash back for 1 cents each. What sets Chase's cash back credit cards apart from many others, is that you can pair them with Chase's Ultimate Rewards credit cards to significantly increase the value. The Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and Chase Ink Business Preferred Cards all offer a point value boost ranging from 25% to 50%. So if you have one of those three cards, the point boost will also apply to the points you're earning with Chase's cash back credit cards. This is why it's great to create the best combination of Chase credit cards based on your spend so that you can maximize your rewards across the Chase rewards ecosystem.
Comparing Chase Credit Cards
Chase credit cards are great for earning rewards on everyday spend that can be put towards travel or towards a large number of other redemptions. That's one of the things that makes the program so great as many programs are either one or the other. Want cash back? Redeem your points for cash back at a great value. Want to redeem them towards travel? Book through the travel portal and redeem your points for exceptional value. Even gift cards will give you solid value. The biggest challenge will be deciding which card(s) are best for you. Listed below are some of the most common comparisons between different Chase credit cards. You can click on them to compare the benefits and calculate both rewards earned and the cash value of the compared cards based on spend, the value of benefits, and annual fees.
Best Chase Credit Cards By Spend Calculator
The Best Chase Credit Cards By Spend Calculator will give you an idea of which Chase credit cards will offer you the most rewards based on your spend. Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
Results will consist of top-rated Chase credit cards from our partners.
The results below are estimates on how much you can earn with each of the listed credit cards based on the spend you entered in the fields above. Do note that these estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card and that they should be used for illustrative purposes only.
Credit cards featured in the article above may not appear in the results below based on the spend you entered. This is because what's considered the "top cards" or "best cards" may not be the same for you. You can click on More Details for info on the earning rates and benefits of each card listed as well as calculate rewards on a deeper level which includes:
- Comparing results against any credit card featured on the site
- Factoring in memberships and hotel elite status (if applicable)
- Viewing rewards as if you transferred them to partners
- Entering credit card bonuses and current sign up bonuses
- Toggling/editing annual fees and authorized user fees
Any spend that you entered into the fields above will roll over to all the credit card calculators on the website, so it's no need to re-enter information.
Results will show up to the top 10 best credit cards. Depending on the spend or the cards available, it may show less.