Current Intro Bonus
Receive 150,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $5,000 on eligible purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months. T&Cs apply. New Card Members only.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Receive $450 in annual travel credit that can be redeemed towards domestic or international travel annually when you book eligible flights, hotels, car hire, or experiences with the Platinum Travel Service.
- Enjoy up to $400 per calendar year when you dine from a curated collection of restaurants both locally and abroad—that's $200 in Australia and $200 to spend overseas in 19 countries. Enrollment required.
- Receive up to one $75 credit per defined half-year period towards NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER. Enrollment required. Benefit ends December 31, 2023.
- Access to over 1,400 lounges including Centurion Lounges, Escape Lounges, American Express International Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges, Plaza Premium Lounges, Virgin Australia Lounges, Airspace Lounges, Lufthansa Lounges, and Delta SkyClub Lounges (when flying Delta).
- When booking through Fine Hotels + Resorts, enjoy complimentary benefits such as guaranteed 4pm late check-out, room upgrades (subject to availability), daily breakfast for two, or a complimentary amenity valued at US$100, such as food and beverage credit or a massage for two.
- Save up to 20% on First and Business Class fares with the world's leading airlines through the International Airline Program.
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Status, and Radisson Rewards Premium status.
- Enjoy complimentary Accor Plus membership which grants you a complimentary night's accommodation each year and up to 50% off your dining bill at 1,100+ participating Accor Hotels restaurants.
- Be protected with domestic and international insurance for you, your partners, and your dependent children when you pay for your return trip with the card.
|Redemption Options||Redemption Value (in cents)|
|Transfer To Partners||1|
|AMEX Travel, Webjet, Helloworld||0.5|
|Ticketmaster, David Jones||0.5|
|Use Points For Purchases||0.5|
AMEX points are worth 0.5 cents each on average for most redemptions made through American Express. You can obtain higher value by transferring points to AMEX's airline and hotel partners.
The Platinum Card and Centurion Card are the only Membership Rewards credit card in the line-up that allows you to transfer points to Qantas Frequent Flyer as part of the Ascent Premium program.
The American Express Platinum Card has an annual fee of $1,450. This is quite the price tag, but the benefits of the card will easily make up for it if you travel often and can make use of the annual credits, lounge access, and other perks the card offers.
AMEX Points Calculator
Use the rewards calculator to calculate AMEX points and card value per $1 spent for the American Express Platinum Card. Compare the results side by side up to 2 credit cards to find out which cards are best for you.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.