Key Cardholder Benefits
- Points Boost: Earn up to 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent on your highest eligible transaction made in a statement period up to a 1,000 Bonus Points
- No monthly fee if you spend at least $2,000 during your statement period
- No cap on how many Awards Points you can earn each year.
- Pay no international transaction fees for purchases you make overseas or online
- Enjoy international travel insurance (must activate before you travel)
- Enjoy access to over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide with Mastercard Travel Pass provided by DragonPass
- Receive cashback benefits through CommBank Rewards in the CommBank app.
- Enjoy offers and experiences through Mastercard Priceless Cities
CommBank Awards points earned with the Smart Awards credit card are worth 0.5 cents apiece on average. This means 10,000 points are equal to around $50 in value.
Here's our valuations for CommBank Awards points:
|Redemption options||Redemption value (in cents)|
|Booking flights with Flight Centre||0.5|
|Pay with points at Myer||0.5|
|Cash back and statement credits||0.5|
|Gift cards||0.46 - 0.48|
|Point transfers to partners||0.25 - 1+|
|Awards eShop||0.2 - 0.3|
|Donations to charity||0.53|
Points earned with the Awards credit card can be transferred to the following partners:
The CommBank Smart Awards credit card has a monthly fee of $19, which comes out to $228 per year. You can avoid the annual fee if you spend at least $2,000 during the statement period.
Awards Points Calculator
Input your monthly and yearly spend amounts into the calculator to find out how much you can earn with the Smart Awards credit card. Compare results side by side up to 2 credit cards.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.