Key Cardholder Benefits
- Receive one Annual Worldwide Companion Pass when you spend $25,000 in net purchases prior to your Card anniversary date; your Pass entitles you to buy an accompanying Air Canada economy class ticket for a companion at a fixed base fare from $99 to a maximum of $599 CAD (plus taxes, fees, charges, and surcharges).
- You and up to eight companions travelling on the same reservation can enjoy Priority Airport Check-In, Priority Boarding, and Priority Baggage Handling when you fly with Air Canada.
- Enjoy access to select Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges and Air Canada Cafés in North America for you and a guest, with a same day ticket on a departing Air Canada® or Star Alliance® flight.
- Enjoy priority access to the standby list and upgrades. Get prioritized on the standby waitlist for an Air Canada flight and higher priority when you request an upgrade.
- Earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles and 1 Status Qualifying Segment for every $5,000 in eligible net purchases charged to your Card. You can also roll over up to 200,000 unused Status Qualifying Miles (SQMs) to help qualify for Aeroplan status the following year.
- Basic Cardmembers who hold Aeroplan Elite Status and requalify the following year can roll over up to 50 unused eUpgrade Credits to the next status year.
- You and up to eight companions travelling on the same reservation will enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) when your travel originates on an Air Canada flight.
|Redemption Option||Average value in cents|
|Flights with Air Canada and partners||2|
|Using points to book hotels||0.8 - 1.1|
|Redeeming points for gift cards||0.71|
|Using points for car rentals||0.6 - 0.7|
|Redeeming points towards Aeroplan eStore purchases||0.41 - 0.65|
Aeroplan Points earned with the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve Card are worth an average of 2 cents each. This means that 10,000 points has a rough cash value of $200 when used for award flights with Air Canada and their partners.
The AMEX Aeroplan Reserve Card has a $599 annual fee. You can add additional Aeroplan Reserve cards for $199 each.
Aeroplan Points Calculator
Input your monthly and yearly spend amounts to calculate how many points you can earn with the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve Card. Compare the results side by side up to 2 credit cards to find out which cards are best for you.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.