HSBC Canada is the Canadian subsidiary of HSBC which is a British multinational banking and financial services company. They are based out of Vancouver, British Columbia and offers both rewards points and cash back credit cards to those in Canada.
HSBC Canada Credit Card Point Calculators
HSBC Canada offers six credit cards that you can use to earn HSBC Rewards Points on every spend. Redemption options and the value of rewards will vary depending on which card you have.
The HSBC Premier credit cards offer additional benefits and perks over the standard Mastercard options.
Best Well-Rounded Travel Card
- Save on all your foreign currency purchases (even online) with no additional foreign currency conversion charges. Only the exchange rate will apply.
- $100 annual travel enhancement credit redeemable towards select airline seat upgrades, airline baggage fees and airport lounge passes.
- 31-day insurance coverage
- Receive a complimentary membership to Mastercard Airport Experiences Provided by LoungeKey with your HSBC World Elite Mastercard, offering you access to over 850 airport lounges worldwide.
- 10% discount on select hotel bookings on your card with Expedia and Agoda when you book directly through the HSBC Expedia and Agoda websites.
- Get unlimited Wi-Fi through Boingo at over 1 million hotspots worldwide
- Extensive insurance coverage including worldwide emergency travel medical insurance, trip cancellation and trip interruption/delay insurance, and car rental insurance.
- Be protected with purchase assurance and extended warranty insurance.
HSBC Points Value
Each HSBC credit card is part of it's own personal rewards program and so the options available will vary depending on which card you have. Generally, HSBC Points have an average value of 0.5 cents when redeemed for travel.