|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
The AMEX Gold Card features four bonus categories which are gas stations, grocery stores, drug stores, and travel purchases. There is no bonus cap on any of these categories and no limit to the amount of Membership Reward Points you can earn spending across these categories.
- 2x Travel
- Includes flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and anything else related to travel.
- 2x Gas Station (Canada)
- Applies to stand-alone automobile gas stations in Canada only.
- 2x Grocery (Canada)
- 2x Drugstore (Canada)
- 1x Everything Else
Perks & Benefits
The AMEX Gold Card features a few useful benefits that can be good for those who travel.
- +1 Point For American Express Travel Portal Spend
- The Hotel Collection
- Includes $100 USD hotel credit on charges to the room such as dining, spa, and golf as well as complimentary room upgrades at check-in when available.
- Must book a minimum of 2 consecutive nights via the AMEX Travel Portal using an AMEX credit card.
- Hertz Car Rental Benefits
- One-car class upgrades on 5+ consecutive day rentals.
- Waived fee for one additional driver.
- AMEX Invites
- Special access to exclusive events.
- Includes Front Of The Line Advanced Access and Reserved Tickets, special offers and experiences for cardmembers, and more.
- No Preset Spending Limit (NPSL)
- AMEX Insurance and Protections
Sign Up Bonus
The standard sign up bonus for new AMEX Gold Cardholders is 25,000 Membership Reward Points after spending $1,500 across the card within the first 3 months of cardmembership.
The annual fee for the AMEX Gold is $150 per year.
Authorized User Fee
The first authorized user on the AMEX Gold is no charge. Additional AMEX Gold Cards after the first one will cost $50 per card.
Foreign Transaction Fee
Foreign transactions ran across the AMEX Gold will incur an additional 2.5% for each charge.
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.