Current Intro Bonus
New American Express® Gold Rewards Cardmembers, earn a Welcome Bonus of 40,000 points when you charge $3,000 in purchases to your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Every calendar year, you'll receive a $100 CAD Travel Credit that is good towards a single travel booking of $100 or more charged to your AMEX Gold Rewards Card through American Express Travel Online.
- When you use the AMEX Gold Rewards Card to pay for a NEXUS application or renewal fee, you will receive a $50 CAD statement credit.
- Your American Express® Gold Rewards Card gives you access to more than 1,200 airport lounges around the globe. That means an oasis of comfort before your flight – regardless of your choice of airline or cabin class. Enrollment is required and entry fees apply.
- Gold Rewards Cardmembers can enjoy peace amidst the chaos with four (4) complimentary visits per calendar year for access to Plaza Premium Lounges across Canada, regardless of airline or cabin class. Entry fees apply once complimentary visits have been used.
- Stay two or more consecutive nights at participating properties booked through The Hotel Collection and receive up to $100 USD hotel credit to use on amenities like dining, spa or other leisure facilities when charged to the room and a one-category room upgrade at check-in, when available.
- Enroll into the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® loyalty program and take advantage of your special Hertz privileges on select vehicles at participating Hertz locations, including one car class upgrade (subject to availability) on rentals of 5 or more consecutive days and fee-waived for one additional driver.
- Be protected with top-notch travel converage including trip cancellation/interruption insurance, out-of-province emergency medical insurance, car rental theft and damage insurance, and more.
|Redemption option||Redemption value (in cents)|
|Transferring points to airline partners||1.2 - 2|
|Airfare via AMEX Fixed Points Travel program||1.5 - 2|
|Travel via AMEX Flexible Points Travel program||1|
|Redeeming points towards card purchases||1|
|Using points at checkout on Amazon.ca||0.7|
|Shopping for merchandise through AMEX Shop||0.4 - 0.6|
Membership Rewards Points earned with the AMEX Gold Card are worth between 1.5 and 2 cents each on average towards airfare. This means 30,000 points has a cash value of $450 to $600.
Points can also be redeemed for charity donations, card purchases, and towards travel using the AMEX Flexible Points Travel program at a value of 1 cent apiece.
Membership Rewards points earned with the AMEX Gold Card can be transferred to 8 travel partners.
The American Express Gold Rewards Card has a $250 annual fee. You can add 1 free additional Gold Rewards Card for free. All additional Gold Rewards Cards after the first will cost you $50 annually.
AMEX Points Calculator
Input your monthly and yearly spend amounts into the AMEX Gold Point Calculator to find out how many points you can earn. Compare the results side by side up to two credit cards from any issuer.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.