Key Cardholder Benefits
- Every calendar year, you'll receive a $200 CAD Travel Credit that is good towards a single travel booking of $200 or more charged to your Platinum Card through American Express Travel Online or through Platinum Card Services.
- Receive up to $100 CAD in statement credits when NEXUS application or renewal fees are charged to your Platinum Card.
- As an American Express Platinum Card member, you and all authorized users with a Platinum card will have access to 1,300+ airport lounges in over 500 airports around the world and 140 countries. This include Centurion Lounges, Plaza Premium Lounges, Delta Sky Club (when flying Delta), Airspace Lounges, Escape Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges, and Executive Lounges by Swissport.
- With Fine Hotels + Resorts, Platinum Cardmembers can receive benefits such as guaranteed 4:00 p.m. late check-out, complimentary daily breakfast for two and other benefits at over 1,100 iconic properties worldwide.
- Enroll in complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status and Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
- Receive special benefits at Toronto Pearson International airport.
- Be protected with excellent travel coverage including out-of-province emergency medical insurance, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, car rental theft and damage insurance, and much more.
|Redemption option||Redemption value (in cents)|
|Transferring points to airline partners||1.2 - 2|
|Airfare via AMEX Fixed Points Travel program||1.5 - 2|
|Travel via AMEX Flexible Points Travel program||1|
|Redeeming points towards card purchases||1|
|Using points at checkout on Amazon.ca||0.7|
|Shopping for merchandise through AMEX Shop||0.4 - 0.6|
Membership Rewards Points earned with the AMEX Platinum Card are worth between 1.5 and 2 cents each on average towards airfare. This means 30,000 points has a cash value of $450 to $600.
Points can also be redeemed for charity donations, card purchases, and towards travel using the AMEX Flexible Points Travel program at a value of 1 cent apiece.
Membership Rewards points earned with The Platinum Card can be transferred to the following travel partners:
The Platinum Card has an annual fee of $699. You can add additional Platinum Cards for $175 annually and additional Gold Cards for $50 annually.
AMEX Points Calculator
Input your monthly and yearly spend amounts into the AMEX Platinum Point Calculator to find out how many points you can earn. Compare the results side by side up to two credit cards from any issuer.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.