Key Cardholder Benefits
- 5% mileage bonus on your card anniversary
- First checked bag free for yourself and up to 4 companions traveling on the same reservation
- A $99 annual companion certificate after spending $30,000 or more on the card during the calendar year
- Preferred boarding for yourself and up to 4 companions traveling on the same reservation
- 25% off in-flight purchases when you use your AAdvantage Aviator Business Card to make in-flight purchases
The Point Calculator values AAdvantage miles earned with the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business at about 1.4 cents each. Miles will have the best value when redeemed for flights with American Airlines and their airline partners.
|Redemption option||Redemption value in cents|
|First/Business Class flights||2|
|Admiral Club membership||0.73|
The Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business Card has an annual fee of $95.
AAdvantage Miles Calculator
Find out how many AAdvantage Miles you can earn with the Aviator Business Card and calculate the cash value of those miles. Results can be compared side-by-side credit cards featured on the site to see which earns you the most rewards.
Spend entered into the main (first) column on this calculator will carry over to all other credit card calculators on the website, so there's no need to re-enter spend when browsing different credit cards.
Other Ways To Earn
Unlike other major airlines, American Airlines is not a direct transfer partner of any major U.S. credit card rewards program. This means that the best way to earn AAdvantage miles will be using co-branded American Airlines credit cards.
Here are the list of transfer partners that you can use to top off your AAdvantage account:
Earning Rate Comparison
How does the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business Card earning rates compare to other American Airlines and transfer partner credit cards? Quite well!
All of the American Airlines credit card earn up to 2X miles, so the earning rates and return that you get with the Barclays AAdvantage is no better or worse than the others. In addition to that, the only decent AA transfer partner is Marriott Bonvoy which will earn you no more than the equivalent of 2X AAdvantage miles per $1 spent.
If you enjoy flying AA and you're looking for alternative options to the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business Card, we have listed a few recommendations below.
You can click on the card to learn more or add the card to the calculator above to calculate and compare rewards. Do note that you can only compare up to 3 cards, so you may have to remove a card from the calculator if you've already hit that max.
Capital One Spark Miles for Business Card
Earns an unlimited 2X miles on all purchases that can be put towards any type of travel including airfare, hotels, car rentals, and more at a value of 1 cent per mile. Fantastic for heavy business spenders.
Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business Card
Earns an unlimited 1.5X miles on all purchases that can be put towards any type of travel including airfare, hotels, car rentals, and more at a value of 1 cent per mile. No annual fee.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Earn up to 3X points across select business categories and travel. Redeem those points for 1.25 cents each towards travel booked through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal which includes airfare, car rentals, hotels, and more.
How many AAdvantage miles do you earn with the Aviator Business Card?
The Aviator Business Card earns 2 AAdvantage Miles for every dollar spent on American Airlines, office supply store, telecommunications and car rental purchases and 1 AAdvantage Mile for every dollar spent on everything else.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!