Current Intro Bonus
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- You and up to 8 companions traveling on the same reservation will receive the first checked bag free of charge when you use the AAdvantage Executive Card to pay for your flight (up to $540 saved per round trip)
- Receive priority perks which includes priority check-in, screening, and boarding privileges
- Receive up to a $100 statement credit when you use the AAdvantage Executive Card to pay for a Global Entry ($100) or TSA PreCheck ($80) application fee
- Receive complimentary Admirals Club Membership as well as access to other airline lounges and clubs such as those operated by oneworld carriers
- Receive 25% off in the form of a statement credit when you use the card to pay for food and beverages aboard American Airlines operated flights
The Point Calculator values AAdvantage miles earned with the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card at about 1.4 cents each. Miles will have the best value when redeemed for flights with American Airlines and their airline partners.
|Redemption option||Redemption value in cents|
|First/Business Class flights||2|
|Admiral Club membership||0.73|
The annual fee for the AAdvantage Executive Card is $450, but it offers complimentary Admiral Club membership which starts at $650 annually. So picking up this card is the better option since you'll not only save money on membership, but receive a bunch of useful benefits that can enhance your travel by saving you time and money.
AAdvantage Miles Calculator
Find out how many AAdvantage Miles you can earn with the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card and calculate the cash value of those miles. Results can be compared side-by-side credit cards featured on the site to see which earns you the most rewards.
Spend entered into the main (first) column on this calculator will carry over to all other credit card calculators on the website, so there's no need to re-enter spend when browsing different credit cards.
Other Ways To Earn
Unlike other major airlines, American Airlines is not a direct transfer partner of any major U.S. credit card rewards program. This means that the best way to earn AAdvantage miles will be using co-branded American Airlines credit cards.
Here are the list of transfer partners that you can use to top off your AAdvantage account:
Earning Rate Comparison
The rate at which the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card earns AAdvantage miles are similar to other AA and partner credit cards. It earns up to 2X AAdvantage miles on purchases which is the same max rate you'll get with other American Airlines credit cards.
The only drawback to the card is that it only earns double miles on American Airlines purchases. If you want to earn additional miles across other purchases, you'll want to pair this card with the American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® or Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®.
The Citi AAdvantage Executive Card isn't the only credit card that offers lounge access. There's a handful of credit cards that offers access to major airline lounges as well as general lounges found in airports.
|Credit Card||Lounge Access|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||Centurion Lounges, Delta SkyClub Lounge (when flying Delta), Airspace Lounges, Escape Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges|
|The Business Platinum Card® from American Express||Centurion Lounges, Delta SkyClub Lounge (when flying Delta), Airspace Lounges, Escape Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges|
|Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card||Delta SkyClub Lounges|
|Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card||Delta SkyClub Lounges|
|United Club℠ Infinite Card||United Club Lounges|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||Priority Pass Lounges|
How many AAdvantage miles does the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card earn?
It earns 2 AAdvantage miles for every dollar spent on American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage mile for every dollar spend on all other purchases.
Is the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card worth it?
If you're looking for access to Admirals Club lounges, the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card will be well worth it and is the best route to take.
What benefits does the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card offer?
The Citi AAdvantage Executive Card offers Admirals Club membership, priority perks, free checked bags for yourself and up to 8 others traveling with you, up to $100 towards Global Entry or TSA PreCheck, and in-flight discounts.
What's the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card's annual fee?
The Citi AAdvantage Executive Card has a $450 annual fee. While high, it's significantly cheaper than paying for Admirals Club membership directly through AA.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!