Alaska Airlines is not a direct transfer partner of any major U.S. credit card rewards programs which leaves you with only a handful of hotel partners to choose from when it comes to earning additional miles outside of using Alaska Airlines credit cards.
Out of the available options, Marriott Bonvoy leads the pack as best transfer partner due to it's fantastic transfer ratio and how it easy it is to earn points in the program if you frequent Marriott brand hotels.
Marriott To Alaska Transfer Ratio
Marriott Bonvoy points can be transferred to Alaska MileagePlan at a 3:1 ratio. This means that every 3,000 points you transfer to Alaska MileagePlan will give you 1,000 Alaska miles.
On top of that, Marriott will throw in a bonus 15,000 points for every 60,000-block of points you transfer in a single transaction. When transferring to Alaska, this comes out to be an additional Alaska miles.
So all-in-all, every 60,000-block of Marriott Bonvoy points you transfer in a single transaction will give you 25,000 Alaska miles which is not a bad deal.
Convert Marriott Points To Alaska Miles
Use our Marriott points to Alaska miles conversion calculator to calculate the transfer of rewards from Marriott Bonvoy to Alaska MileagePlan. You can also check out the top offers to find out which credit cards will earn you the most miles.
How to transfer Marriott points to Alaska
- Go to Marriott's Transfer Points To Miles page.
- Click Transfer Points. You will be prompted to log into your Marriott Bonvoy account if you aren't already logged in.
- In the Frequent Flyer Program drop down, select Alaska Airlines MileagePlan.
- Enter your Alaska MileagePlan account number in the Frequent Flyer Number field.
- Enter how many Marriott points you want to convert in the Points field.
- Click Continue.
- Verify that everything is correct and click Convert.
Can you transfer Marriott points to Alaska Airlines MileagePlan?
Yes. You can transfer points from Marriott to Alaska at a 3:1 ratio.
What is the ratio for transferring Marriott points to Alaska Airlines?
Every 3,000 Marriott Bonvoy points you transfer to Alaska Airlines will give you 1,000 Alaska miles.
Does the 60,000-Marriott point transfer bonus apply to Alaska Airlines?
Yes. You will receive an additional 5,000 bonus Alaska MileagePlan miles for every 60,000-block of Marriott Bonvoy points you transfer to Alaska in a single transaction.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!