Cathay Pacific offers one co-branded credit card that earns Asia Miles directly, but you'll want to pick up credit cards offered by transfer partners if you're looking to maximize your earnings in the Asia Miles program.
Review our top picks on the best credit cards for earning Asia Miles and calculate which cards can earn you the most miles and best return.
Best Credit Cards For Asia Miles
This page details our top picks for the best credit cards for earning Asia Miles with Cathay Pacific. There's also a Rewards Calculator at the bottom of this page that you can use to estimate which credit cards can earn you the most miles and best average return on your spend.
The cards on this page are updated periodically. New cards are introduced from time to time and the benefits of current cards could change at any time. If you're looking for credit cards based on other criteria, you can check all of our best credit cards lists.
You can also use our Credit Card Finder Tool to search by spend across all credit cards in our database.
Best For Restaurants & Big Supermarket Spenders
The American Express® Gold Card is one of the best travel credit cards in the market due to its high earning rates.
It earns 4X Membership Rewards on restaurant and U.S. supermarket purchases, 3X on airfare purchased directly with airlines, and 1X on all other purchases. These points can be transferred to your Asia Miles account at a 1:1 ratio.
The American Express Gold Card also offers $120 in annual Uber credits and $120 in annual dining credits that can be used towards select restaurants and food delivery services.
Overall, it's a great option if you spend heavy across restaurants and supermarkets and you're looking to turn those hard earned points into Asia Miles.
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Get up to 12 complimentary months of an Uber Eats Pass subscription when you enroll with your Gold Card by 12/31/21.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Travel & Dining
The American Express® Green Card is a great option if you want to earn points transferable to Cathay Pacific on general travel and dining purchases.
The card earns 3X Membership Rewards Points on restaurant, transit, and travel purchases and 1X on all other purchases. Points can be transferred to Asia Miles at a 1:1 ratio.
It also offers an annual $100 CLEAR credit as well as an annual $100 LoungeBuddy credit in which both benefits add great value to the card if you frequently travel and use these services.
- $100 CLEAR Credit to Help You Breeze Through Security - With CLEAR®, your eyes and fingertips can help you get through security faster at select airports and stadiums nationwide.
- $100 Credit for Lounge Access - Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy and receive up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees
Best For Flat-Rate Business Rewards
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is one of the best small business credit cards in the market.
It earns 2X Membership Rewards Points on the first $50,000 in purchases made per calendar year, then 1X for the remainder of the calendar year. Points can be transferred to Asia Miles at a 1:1 ratio.
You can pair this card with other top-tier AMEX business cards such as the American Express® Business Gold Card and really rake in the rewards.
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You've got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply.
Best For High Earnings
If you want to earn a great return on your spend across several categories, the Citi Premier® Card is one of the best credit cards to do so.
The card earns 3X ThankYou Points on restaurant, supermarket, gas station, air travel, and hotel purchases and 1X on all other purchases. These points can be transferred to your Asia Miles account at a rate of 1:1.
The Citi Premier® Card offers an annual $100 hotel savings benefit when you spend more than $500 on a hotel booking through the thankyou.com portal.
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
Best For Flexible Travel Rewards
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is a solid option if you want to earn flexible rewards at a flat-rate across all purchases.
It earns an unlimited 2X Venture Miles on all purchases ran through the card, every day. These miles can be transferred to the Asia Miles program at a rate of 4:3 meaning that you'll be earning the equivalent of 1.5 Asia Miles on every purchase.
Venture Miles can be redeemed for 1 cent in value towards any kind of travel purchase, which makes it a great option if you can't find value transferring your points to Cathay Pacific, but still want to save money.
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Redeem on travel—including flights, vacation rentals, car rentals and more. Plus transfer your miles to over 15+ travel loyalty programs
- No foreign transaction fees
Best For Flexible Business Rewards
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business is one of the best business credit cards for earning flexible travel rewards. It shines best for businesses that plan on using one card for the majority of all purchases made throughout the year.
The card earns an unlimited 2X Spark Miles for your business on every purchase, everywhere, with no limits or category restrictions. These miles can be transferred to the Asia Miles program at a rate of 4:3 which is equivalent to 1.5 Asia Miles on all purchases.
As with Venture Miles, Spark Miles can be redeemed for 1 cent in value towards any kind of travel purchase made to the card.
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, everywhere, no limits or category restrictions, and miles won't expire for the life of the account
- Transfer your miles to 15+ leading travel loyalty programs like JetBlue™, Air Canada, and Emirates™
- Redeem miles instantly for any travel-related purchases, from flights and hotels to ride-sharing services
- Fly through security with one statement credit for either the $85 TSA Pre✓® application fee or the $100 Global Entry application fee
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
- Free employee cards, which also earn unlimited 2X miles on all purchases
Best Credit Cards For Asia Miles Summary
|Credit Card||Best For||Annual Fee||See All Available Offers|
|American Express® Gold Card||Best For Restaurants & Big Supermarket Spenders||$250||Learn More|
|American Express® Green Card||Best For Travel & Dining||$150||Referral Link|
|The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express||Best For Flat-Rate Business Rewards||$0||Learn More|
|Citi Premier® Card||Best For High Earnings||$95||Learn More|
|Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card||Best For Flexible Travel Rewards||$95||Learn More|
|Capital One Spark Miles for Business||Best For Flexible Business Rewards||$0 the first year, then $95||Learn More|
Best Credit Cards For Asia Miles Calculator
The Best Credit Cards For Asia Miles Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards can earn you the most Asia Miles and best returns.
Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees.
Results will consist of credit cards that earn Asia Miles and credit cards from our partners that earn rewards that can be transferred to the Cathay Pacific Asia Miles program.
The results listed below consist of co-branded credit cards and credit cards that allow you to transfer rewards to the program covered on this page. The earning amounts listed for transfer partner credit cards are based on the transfer ratio.
Rewards Calculator - Learn more about the card(s), dive deeper into calculating rewards, and compare results side by side other cards featured on the site.
See All Available Offers - Apply for cards through our partner and get the up-to-date details on rates & fees, intro bonuses, credit score recommendations, and more.