The Cathay Pacific Credit Card is the only card available to United States residents that earn Asia Miles directly. It has a solid earning stucture and can be useful for anyone looking to earn Asia Miles when spending internationally, but falls short when it comes to earning on purchases within the United States.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
The Cathay Pacific Credit Card features three bonus categories which are Cathay Pacific purchases, dining purchases, and international purchases. There is no limit to the amount of Asia Miles you can earn spending in these bonus categories and no limit to the amount Asia Miles you can earn with the card in general.
- 2x Cathay Pacific
- Includes purchase made on the Cathay website and purchases made in-flight.
- 1.5x Dining (Worldwide)
- 1.5x International Purchases
- Applies to all purchases outside of the United States.
- 1x Non-Category
- Applies to all other purchases made in the United States.
Perks & Benefits
The Cathay Pacific Credit Card comes with a handful of benefits that can be useful to anyone that flys Cathay Pacific.
- Marco Polo Club Green Membership
- Only good for the first year of enrollement.
- priority boarding, up to two free checked bags, and the ability to redeem Asia Miles for lounge access and extra-legroom seats.
- Savings On Fees & Charges
- Save 10% on Asia Miles Gift Miles, Mileage Renewal, and Mileage Transfer Fees online.
- 10% Redemption Discount
- Applies to hotel, car rental, and experience awards through travel.asiamiles.com.
- 2-Day Priority Flight Award Redemptions
- Applies to discount flight award tickets booked online.
Sign Up Bonus
The standard sign up bonus for the Cathay Pacific Credit Card hovers around 30,000 Asia Miles. This is a pretty decent sign up bonus that can go far depending on how you redeem the miles. Occasionally, Cathay will offer a 40,000 Asia Miles sign up bonus as a promotion.
The annual fee for the Cathay Pacific Credit Card is $95 annually. This is about the norm for most entry level cards. Since the card comes with complimentary Marco Polo Green memberhsip the first year, it could easily be worth it thanks to the free checked bags, priority boarding and other perks. The fact that this card earns 1.5 miles on all international purchases is also very useful.
Authorized User Fee
There is no authorized user fee for adding additional users to the Cathay Pacific Credit Card. If you have family or friends that shop in these categories, adding them can help you build your Asia Miles at a very fast rate.
Foreign Transaction Fee
The Cathay Pacific Credit Card does not have a foreign transaction fee. This can be useful if you plan on using the card for international purchases.
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.