Current Intro Bonus
Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for round-trip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights. Plus enjoy Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding and settle into your seat sooner.
- New: Card Members get 15% off when using miles to book Award Travel on Delta flights through delta.com and the Fly Delta app. Discount not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees.
- Enjoy a per-visit rate of $50 per person for Card Members and up to two guests to enter the Delta Sky Club when traveling on a Delta flight.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
The Point Calculator values Delta SkyMiles at 1.2 cents each on average towards award flights with Delta and their airline partners. This means that 10,000 SkyMiles are worth about $120 in flight value.
|Redemption option||Redemption value in cents|
|Pay With Miles||1.0|
|Delta Gift Cards||0.69|
|Other Gift Cards||0.41|
The Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Card has an annual fee of $250.
While that is a hefty price tag, the card offers a large number of benefits that makes offsetting the annual fee pretty easy assuming you fly Delta a few times per year.
The most notable benefit is the annual Main Cabin Companion Pass which can make up for the fee on it's own as it's not uncommon for Delta flights to cost more than $250 round-trip.
In addition to that, the card also offers a free checked bag for yourself and up to 8 others traveling with you which will save you $30 per person, per direction if you normally have to pay for bags.
Calculate how many SkyMiles you can earn with the Delta Platinum AMEX Card based on spend and the cash value of those miles. Results can be compared side by side any U.S. credit card featured on the site.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.
Other Ways To Earn
Along with using Delta's seven co-branded credit cards, you can also earn SkyMiles by transferring rewards from Delta's transfer partners to your SkyMiles account. With partners like American Express Membership Rewards, you can easily earn lots of SkyMiles which can push you towards award travel faster.
Here are the list of partners that allow you to transfer rewards to your Delta SkyMiles account:
Earning Rate Comparison
Want to know how the Delta SkyMiles Platinum AMEX Card's earning rates stacks up against other Delta and partner credit cards? The table below lists out the earning rates per $1 spent for all credit card partners so you can see where it stands.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!