If you're short on miles and need to top off your account, you can always transfer reward points directly to your account using any of Flying Blue's direct transfer partners. If that's not an option, your next best choice will be to buy Flying Blue Miles.
How Much Does Miles Cost To Buy?
Flying Blue Miles will cost you 3.17 cents per mile if you buy less than 10,000 miles and 3.05 cents per mile if you buy 10,000 miles or more in a single transaction. So buying more does get you a discount, but not a large one.
|Miles Purchased||Cost Per Mile (in cents)|
|2,000 - 8,000 Miles||3.17|
|10,000 - 100,000 Miles||3.05|
How Many Miles Can You Buy?
The minimum amount of Flying Blue miles you can buy in a single transaction is 2,000 which will cost you $63.40. The maximum amount of miles will vary based on your status in the Flying Blue program.
Flying Blue Explorer members can only buy up to 100,000 Flying Blue Miles per calendar year, while those with Flying Blue Silver or higher can buy an unlimited amount of Flying Blue Miles per calendar year, but are limited to 300,000 miles per transaction.
|Explorer||Silver, Gold, Platinum|
|Minimum Purchase||2,000 Miles||2,000 Miles|
|Maximum Purchase||100,000 Miles||300,000 Miles|
|Maximum Purchase||100,000 Miles||Unlimited|
Buy Miles Calculator
Use the calculator to estimate how much it will cost you to buy Flying Blue Miles at the standard rate.
How To Buy Flying Blue Miles
You can buy Flying Blue Miles by following these steps:
- Go to the Flying Blue Buy Miles page.
- Log into your Flying Blue account.
- Select how many Flying Blue Miles you want to buy.
- Enter your payment information.
- Review the details and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click Buy Miles.
How much does Flying Blue Miles cost to buy?
Flying Blue Miles will cost you 3.17 cents per mile if you buy less than 10,000 miles and 3.05 cents per mile if you buy 10,000 miles or more.
How many Flying Blue Miles can you buy per year?
You can buy up to 100,000 Miles as an Explorer member. Silver, Gold, and Platinum members do not have a cap on how many miles they can purchase, but can only purchase up to 300,000 miles per transaction.
How do you buy Flying Blue Miles?
Flying Blue Miles can be purchased directly from the Buy Miles portal on the Flying Blue website.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!