JetBlue offers three credit cards that you can use to earn JetBlue TrueBlue Points on everyday purchases. You can also earn points using credit cards offered by several major U.S. credit card rewards programs including Citi ThankYou Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and American Express Membership Rewards.
This page covers our top credit card picks for JetBlue, lists out current JetBlue credit card offers, and provides a JetBlue point calculator to find out which card will earn you the most rewards.
Best Credit Cards For JetBlue
- Citi Premier® Card: Best overall for JetBlue flyers.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Best for flexible travel rewards.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Best for high point value and lounge access.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best for worldwide lounge access and luxury travel.
- JetBlue Plus Card: Best for JetBlue purchases and benefits.
Citi Premier® Card
- Earning Rate: Earn an unlimited 3X points on restaurant, supermarket, gas station, air travel, and hotel purchases and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Annual Credits: $100 hotel credit when you book a $500+ hotel stay through thankyou.com.
- Main Highlights: Grants the ability to transfer ThankYou Rewards points to Citi's full list of airline and hotel partners.
- Transfer Ratio: 1,000 Citi ThankYou Points = 1,000 JetBlue Points.
- Intro Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, for a limited time, earn a total of 10 ThankYou® Points per $1 spent on hotel, car rentals, and attractions (excluding air travel) booked on the Citi Travel℠ portal through June 30, 2024.
- Annual Fee: $95.
- Summary: This is our top pick if you're looking to build up points transferable to JetBlue and several top-notch international airlines at an excellent rate on everyday spending and travel. Pair it with the no-annual fee Citi® Double Cash Card and you'll be earning 2X to 3X JetBlue points on every single purchase.
- Learn More about the Citi Premier Card.
- Calculate Card Value & ThankYou Points per dollar spent for the Citi Premier Card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earning Rate: Earn 5X Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3X on dining, online grocery purchases, and select streaming services, 2X on other travel purchases, and 1X on everything else.
- Annual Credits: $50 credit towards hotels booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Main Highlights: 10% bonus points annually based on how much you spent the prior cardmember year and a 25% boost to point value when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Transfer Ratio: 1,000 Ultimate Rewards Points = 1,000 JetBlue Points.
- Intro Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Annual Fee: $95.
- Summary: The Chase Sapphire Preferred is one of the best flexible travel rewards credit cards available. Not only can you transfer points to JetBlue and many other programs, but you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each through Chase Travel. This provides an alternative way to get solid value out of your points if you can't find good redemption value through JetBlue or their partners.
- Learn More about the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
- Calculate Card Value & Ultimate Rewards Points per dollar spent for the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Earning Rate: Earn 10X points on Chase Dining and both hotel and car rental purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 5X on airfare through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3X on dining and other travel purchases, and 1X on everything else.
- Annual Credits: $300 travel credit.
- Main Highlights: Priority Pass Select membership, up to $100 towards a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application, top-notch travel insurance, and a 50% boost to point value on travel redemptions made through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Transfer Ratio: 1,000 Ultimate Rewards Points = 1,000 JetBlue Points.
- Intro Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Annual Fee: $550.
- Summary: High annual fee, but offers excellent value and solid benefits. If you can't find solid redemption value with JetBlue, you can redeem points through Chase Travel for a very high 1.5 cents each. Pair it with the Chase Freedom Unlimited® and never earn less than the equivalent of 1.5X JetBlue points per $1 spent.
- Learn More about the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
- Calculate Card Value & Ultimate Rewards Points per dollar spent for the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Earning Rate: Earn 5X points on airfare booked direct or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 of these purchases per year) and 5X points on prepaid hotel bookings through American Express Travel. All other purchases will earn you 1X.
- Annual Credits: Up to $300 in Equinox credit, up to $240 digital entertainment credit, up to $200 airline fee credit, $200 Uber Cash (up to $15 per month and up to $35 in December), $200 in Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection credit on 2 night minimum bookings, $189 CLEAR® Plus credit, $155 Walmart+ credit (up to $12.95 per month, subject to auto-renew), and up to $100 Saks Fifth Avenue credit ($50 bi-annually).
- Main Highlights: Global lounge access (Centurion lounges, Delta SkyClub lounges, Airspace lounges, Escape lounges, and Priority Pass lounges), superb purchase insurance, complimentary elite status with Hilton and Marriott, and up to a $100 statement credit every 4 years for Global Entry or up to $85 statement credit every 4.5 years for TSA PreCheck application fee.
- Transfer Ratio: 1,000 AMEX Membership Rewards Points = 1,000 JetBlue Points.
- Intro Bonus: Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Annual Fee: $695. $175 for up to 3 additional Platinum cardholders, then $175 per card for the 4th user onward. (See Rates and Fees)
- Summary: It has a high annual fee, but can easily be offset by making use of at least half of the $1,400+ in credits it offers each year. Lounge access, superb intro bonus, and many other benefits also adds significant value to the card that can make this easily worth it if you travel even a few times per year.
- Learn More about The Platinum Card from American Express.
- Calculate Card Value & Membership Rewards Points per dollar spent for The Platinum Card from American Express.
JetBlue Plus Card
- Earning Rate: Earn 6X points on JetBlue purchases, 2X points at restaurants and grocery stores, and 1X points on all other purchases.
- Annual Credits: 5,000 bonus points every Card account anniversary.
- Main Highlights: Free checked bag for yourself and up to 3 others traveling with you, earn JetBlue Mosaic Status after spending $50K on the card, receive a $100 statement credit when you use your card to pay for a JetBlue Vacation package, 50% off in-flight purchases, and 10% of your points back when redeeming them for JetBlue travel.
- Annual Fee: $99.
- Summary: The JetBlue Plus Card is hands-down the best credit card for JetBlue purchases. I recommend picking up this card just to pay for your JetBlue airfare and receive a free checked bag on your flight. The extra points, savings on checked bags, and bonus 5,000 points you'll receive annually will more than cover the card's annual fee.
- Calculate Card Value & JetBlue Points per dollar spent for the JetBlue Plus Card.
- This card is unavailable through The Point Calculator.
JetBlue credit card offers
Need to boost your JetBlue points balance? Here are 10 of the best JetBlue credit card offers currently available from our partners. This table is updated automatically whenever our partner offers change, so you will always find the most up-to-date bonuses listed.
JetBlue Points Calculator
Use the JetBlue Points Calculator to find out which credit cards will earn you the most points based on the spend amounts you enter.
Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees. You'll want to take into consideration the benefits a card offers as well on top of the estimated value calculated.
Results will consist of top-rated credit cards that either earn JetBlue Points directly or earn rewards that can be transferred directly to the JetBlue TrueBlue program.
No Results. This is usually due to:
- There's no good card options based on the spend entered.
- The calculator is having a brain-fart and is not calculating rewards properly.
Enter different values or try again later.
These estimates are to help guide you towards making the best decision when it comes to picking up a rewards credit card. They should be used for illustrative purposes only.
You can click on the estimated earnings to see the calculations or click on the card to learn more and apply for the card through our partners.
Do note that all spend amounts entered into the tool above will carry over to every credit card rewards calculator on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend if you choose to dive deeper into calculating rewards for credit cards on the site.
**Amount of rewards when transferred to program.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!