JetBlue offers three credit cards that you can use to earn JetBlue TrueBlue Points on everyday purchases. You can also earn points using credit cards offered by JetBlue's transfer partners.
Review our picks for best credit cards for earning JetBlue Points and calculate which cards can earn you the most points and best return based on your spend.
Best Credit Cards For JetBlue Points
This page details our top picks for the best credit cards for earning JetBlue Points. You can use the calculator to estimate which credit cards can earn you the most miles and best average return on your spend.
The cards on this page are updated periodically. New cards are introduced from time to time and the benefits of current cards could change at any time. You can use our Credit Card Finder Tool to search by spend across all credit cards in our database.
Best For JetBlue Purchases
JetBlue is a direct transfer of all major programs, but even with that being the case the JetBlue Plus Card is at the top of the list when it comes to earning on JetBlue spend.
The card earns 6X JetBlue Points on JetBlue purchases, 2X on restaurant and eligible grocery store purchases, and 1X on everything else.
Benefits of the card include 50% in-flight savings, an annual $100 statement credit, free checked bag, the ability to spend to JetBlue Mosaic Status and more.
If you want to maximize your spending with JetBlue, the JetBlue Plus Card is what you'll want.
- Enjoy Mosaic benefits if you spend $50,000 or more on purchases each calendar year with your card
- Enjoy an annual $100 statement credit after purchasing a JetBlue Vacations package of $100 or more with your JetBlue Plus Card
- Earn 5,000 bonus points every year after your account anniversary
- 50% inflight savings on cocktails and food purchases
- Free first checked bag for you and up to 3 companions on the same reservation when you use your JetBlue Plus Card to purchase tickets
- No foreign transaction fees
Best Overall Value For Most Travelers
If you're looking for points that can be redeemed for great value on travel, the Chase Sapphire Reserve is the card to have.
It earns 10X Ultimate Rewards Points on Chase Dining purchases and both hotel and car rental purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 5X on airline travel purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3X on dining and other travel purchases, and 1X on everything else. These points can be transferred directly to JetBlue TrueBlue at a rate of 1:1.
As a cardholder, you'll be able to redeem Ultimate Rewards Points for 1.5 cents in value towards travel redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. This makes for a great alternative if you need to redeem points for airfare on other airlines, hotels bookings, and other travel.
Other benefits of the Chase Sapphire Reserve include up to $300 in annual travel credits, Priority Pass Select membership, and top-notch travel insurance.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- Earn 5X total points on air travel and 10X total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3X points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more
Best For Flexible Rewards
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® is offers great value and flexibility at a low annual fee.
The card earns 5X points on travel purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3X on online grocery purchases, select streaming services, and dining purchases, 2X on other travel purchases, and 1X on everything else. These points can be transferred to JetBlue TrueBlue at a 1:1 ratio.
As a cardholder, you'll be able to redeem Ultimate Rewards Points for 1.25 cents in value towards travel in the Chase Ultimate Rewards® portal. This can provide great value if you can't find a good redemption directly with JetBlue and would like to use your points for travel through the portal.
The card also comes with a $50 anniversary hotel credit redeemable for hotel stays booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards and top-notch travel insurance. Both of these add even more value to an already great card.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Best For High Earning Rates
The Citi Premier® Card offers a great return across multiple everyday and travel categories.
It earns 3X ThankYou Rewards Points on restaurant, supermarket, gas station, air travel, and hotel purchases and 1X points on all other purchases. These points can be transferred to JetBlue TrueBlue at a rate of 1:1 which makes it easy to quickly earn points on spend.
The Citi Premier Card offers an annual $100 hotel savings benefit when you book a $500+ hotel stay through the thankyou.com rewards portal.
- Earn 80,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
Best For Lounge Access & Luxury Travel Benefits
If you want to enjoy the peace and relaxation of lounges when traveling, The Platinum Card® from American Express is the best option.
The card offers access to the American Express Global Lounge Collection which allows you to get into Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges, Delta SkyClub Lounges (when flying Delta), Escape Lounges, and Airspace Lounges. You can also add authorized Platinum Card users to the card and they will receive their own complimentary lounge access.
In addition to lounge access, The Platinum Card comes stacked with many other benefits. This includes up to $1,400 in credits, complimentary status with Marriott and Hilton, travel insurance, and so much more.
In terms of points, the card earns 5X Membership Rewards Points on flights booked directly with the airline or through amextravel.com, and 5X points on prepaid hotels booked through amextravel.com. These points can be transferred to JetBlue TrueBlue at a 5:4 ratio.
If you want access to a large amount of lounges before and between your JetBlue flights, The Platinum Card could be worth picking up.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best Credit Cards For JetBlue Points Summary
|Credit Card||Best For||Annual Fee||See All Available Offers|
|JetBlue Plus Card||Best For JetBlue Purchases||$99||Learn More|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||Best Overall Value For Most Travelers||$550||Learn More|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred®||Best For Flexible Rewards||$95||Learn More|
|Citi Premier® Card||Best For High Earning Rates||$95||Learn More|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||Best For Lounge Access & Luxury Travel Benefits||$695||Learn More|
Best Credit Cards For JetBlue Points Calculator
The Best Credit Cards For JetBlue Points Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards will offer earn you the most JetBlue Points based on your spend.
Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees. You'll want to take into consideration the benefits a card offers as well on top of the estimated value calculated.
Results will consist of top-rated credit cards that either earn JetBlue Points directly or earn rewards that can be transferred directly to the JetBlue TrueBlue program.
The results listed below consist of co-branded credit cards and credit cards that allow you to transfer rewards to the program covered on this page. The earning amounts listed for transfer partner credit cards are based on the transfer ratio.
Rewards Calculator - Learn more about the card(s), dive deeper into calculating rewards, and compare results side by side other cards featured on the site.
See All Available Offers - Apply for cards through our partner and get the up-to-date details on rates & fees, intro bonuses, credit score recommendations, and more.