JetBlue has a 2-tier loyalty system which consists of member and Mosaic. There's no progressing through multiple ranks like other frequent flyer programs which makes it simple and easy to understand. Below is the breakdown of the benefits offered at both member and Mosaic status.
JetBlue Member Status
You will become a JetBlue TrueBlue member the moment you sign up for a free account through the JetBlue website. Signing up is pretty easy to do and requires you to progress through four steps.
How To Sign Up
- Head to JetBlue.com.
- Click Join at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Enter your personal information.
- Create your credentials.
- Pick the closest (or favorite) departure airport.
- Set up your security questions.
- Click Sign Up.
Once you sign up, you'll be given a JetBlue TrueBlue membership number and be able to partake in everything the program as to offer. This includes earning points on flights, with transfer partners, and travel partners as well as redeeming points for free flights, vacation packages, and more. Even if you plan on flying JetBlue only ONCE, you'll still want to sign up for an account.
JetBlue Mosaic Status
JetBlue Mosaic status is the only obtainable status in the JetBlue TrueBlue program. In order to obtain Mosaic status you will need to meet ONE of the following requirements:
- 15,000 Base Flight Points
- 30 Segments Plus 12,000 Base Flight Points
- $50,000 in spend through the JetBlue Plus Card during the calendar year
- $50,000 in spend through the JetBlue Business Card during the calendar year
Once you've hit one of those requirements, you will be given Mosaic status for the remainder of the calendar year in which you earned it as well as the entire next year. So the earlier you obtain status, the more time you have to bask in its glory.
JetBlue Mosaic status comes with a bunch of benefits which are listed below.
+3 TrueBlue Points
JetBlue Mosaic members will earn an additional 3 TrueBlue Points per $1 spent on JetBlue flights. Earning status is the key to being able to earn as many as 15 TrueBlue Points per $1 spent when flying JetBlue.
15,000 Bonus Points
In additional to earning bonus points, you will also earn a 15,000 point bonus upon qualifying for Mosaic status by meeting the flight requirements. You will not earn the 15,000 point bonus if you acquire Mosaic status through the $50,000 in credit card spend with the JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business Card.
I value JetBlue Points at around 1.3 cents each so I would put this bonus at around $195 in cash value for JetBlue flights. This could be worth more or less depending on the redemption. It's a nice bonus for those who are loyal to flying JetBlue.
Need to change a flight or maybe cancel one altogether? Mosaic members and those listed on the same itinerary will be able to avoid the fees associated with flight cancellations, flight changes, same-day changes, and same-day standby. Fees for these type of changes & cancellations will range between $75 and $200 per ticket based on the cost of the fare.
For Mosaic members, this benefit will only be applicable to certain fares. Blue Basic fares are not eligible for this perk since changes aren't permitted with this fare. Another thing to note is that the Blue Extra fare comes with waived fees. This means if you have Mosaic status, there's no real reason to purchase a Blue Extra fare since you'll receive the majority of the perks this fare offers complimentary.
Overall, this benefit works best when you purchase a Blue, Blue Plus, or Mint fare. With these fares, the fees will be waived due to having Mosaic status.
Two Free Checked Bags
JetBlue Mosaic members and others listed on the same itinerary will be able to check their first and second bag for free. This is regardless of fare purchases. This means you can purchase the Blue Basic fare and still receive 2 checked bags for free. This is a superb way to save money if you don't mind not being able to select your seat in advance and the lower earning rate on TrueBlue Points.
Discounted Even More Space Seats
JetBlue Mosaic members will be able to redeem JetBlue TrueBlue Points for Even More Space seats at discounted rates. This will apply to all fares except Blue Basic. If you purchase a Blue Basic fare, you will not be able to redeem your points for an Even More Space seat. Also, Mint is the highest fare so you will not be able to use your points to upgrade to Even More Space Seats with the Mint fare.
JetBlue Mosaic members will receive several priority services.
As a Mosaic member, you will be able to get to your gate faster thanks to the ability to enter an expedited line to the security checkpoint. This can save you some time in the airports that feature this benefit. This benefit applies to all booked fares. Those without Mosaic status can get access to this perk complimentary by purchasing Blue Extra or Mint fares.
You'll also be able to be among the first to board the plane. This will give you early access to overhead bin space. Early boarding is available for all booked fares. Those without Mosaic can board early by paying for Blue Extra or Mint fares.
JetBlue Mosaic members will be able to partake in complimentary alcoholic beverages onboard JetBlue flights. This will apply to flights that actually have in-flight service (flights of 340 miles or more). This benefit will only apply to the Mosaic member on the flight and will not apply to other on the itinerary.
Those who hold any of the three JetBlue credit cards will receive 50% off in-flight purchases of cocktails and food.
Dedicated Phone Line
Per the usual with most programs that offer elite status, you will receive dedicated customer service. This line is available 24/7 for all your JetBlue TrueBlue needs.
Credit Cards That Earn JetBlue Points
Your best options for earning JetBlue Points on JetBlue purchases is by using the JetBlue Plus Card and JetBlue Business Card, but if you want to maximize your JetBlue Points across other purchases, you'll want to use credit cards offered by transfer partners. American Express Membership Rewards Points, Chase Ultimate Rewards Points, and Citi ThankYou Rewards Points can all be transferred directly to your JetBlue TrueBlue account. This opens up many different ways that you can earn JetBlue Points on everyday spend as well as earn large amounts of points via sign up bonuses offered on these credit cards.
Listed below are a few of the best credit cards for earning points transferable to the JetBlue TrueBlue program. You can click on Rewards Calculator to calculate how many points you can earn or check out our partner lists for best credit cards and apply.
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Get up to 12 complimentary months of an Uber Eats Pass subscription when you enroll with your Gold Card by 12/31/21.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
- $100 CLEAR Credit to Help You Breeze Through Security - With CLEAR®, your eyes and fingertips can help you get through security faster at select airports and stadiums nationwide.
- $100 Credit for Lounge Access - Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy and receive up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- Earn 5X total points on air travel and 10X total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3X points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more
- Earn 80,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
JetBlue may only have a two-tier loyalty program, but that doesn't stop it from offering very useful benefits. Those who obtain Mosaic status will be able to earn more points as well as save a great deal of money with waived fees and complimentary services.
Listed below are some of the most common questions when it comes to JetBlue Mosaic status.
How do you get Mosaic status on JetBlue?
You can obtain Mosaic status by earning 15,000 base flight points OR flying 30 segments plus earning 12,000 base flight points. You can also run $50,000 in spend through the JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business cards.
Can you buy JetBlue Mosaic?
JetBlue typically allows you to purchase JetBlue Status at the end of the year if you're short. You can also run $50,000 in spend through the JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business cards to earn status.
How long does JetBlue Mosaic status last?
JetBlue Mosaic status will last for the remainder of the calendar year you earned it in and the entire following year.
What is a Mosaic customer on JetBlue?
A Mosaic customer is JetBlue member that has earned elite status in their TrueBlue loyalty program.