Qantas does not offer any credit cards to U.S.-based members. Luckily, both the American Express Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards programs are direct transfer partners of Qantas which makes it easy to earn points via intro bonuses and everyday spending.
Review our picks for best credit cards for earning Qantas Points and calculate which cards can earn you the most points and best return based on your spend.
Best Credit Cards For Qantas Points
This page details our top picks for the best credit cards for earning Qantas Points. There's also a Rewards Calculator at the bottom of this page that you can use to estimate which credit cards can earn you the most miles and best average return on your spend.
The cards on this page are updated periodically. New cards are introduced from time to time and the benefits of current cards could change at any time. If you're looking for credit cards based on other criteria, you can check all of our best credit cards lists.
You can also use our Credit Card Finder Tool to search by spend across all credit cards in our database.
Best Overall For Qantas Points
The Citi Premier® Card is one of the best rewards cards if you're looking to earn at a great rate across several popular everyday and travel categories.
The card earns 3X ThankYou Rewards Points on restaurant, supermarket, gas station, air travel, and hotel purchases and 1X on all other purchases. Points can be transferred directly to Qantas Frequent Flyer at a 1:1 ratio.
The Citi Premier Card offers an annual $100 hotel credit when you spend $500+ on a hotel booking via the thankyou.com rewards portal.
- Annual $100 Hotel Savings Benefit
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
Best For Airfare & Lounge Access
If you're looking for lounge access and one of the best cards in the market for earning on airline spend, then you'll to pick up The Platinum Card® from American Express.
One of the best benefits of the card is the American Express Global Lounge Collection which grants access to Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges, Delta SkyClub Lounges (when flying Delta), Airspace Lounges, and Escape Lounges.
Other benefits of the card include up to $1,400 in credits, complimentary status with Marriott and Hilton, travel insurance, and so much more. Authorized Platinum Card users will also receive the majority of the benefits offered to the Primary Cardmember.
The Platinum Card earns 5X Membership Rewards Points on airfare purchased directly with an airline and 5X on both airfare and prepaid hotel booking made through amextravel.com. These points can be transferred to Qantas Frequent Flyer at a 1:1 ratio.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best For Restaurants & Big Supermarket Spenders
The American Express® Gold Card is one of the best travel credit cards in the market due to its high earnings and annual benefits.
The card earns 4X Membership Rewards Points on restaurant and U.S. supermarket purchases, 3X on airfare purchased directly with an airline, and 1X on all other purchases. Points can be transferred directly to Qantas Frequent Flyer at a rate of 1:1.
The American Express Gold Card offers up to $120 in annual Uber Cash and up to $120 in annual dining credits. Both of these credits are split up into $10 per month.
- Rose Gold is back. You can now choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, and earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- $120 Dining Credit: Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- Get up to 12 complimentary months of an Uber Eats Pass subscription when you enroll with your Gold Card by 12/31/21.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Best Overall For Earning On Business Spend
If you're looking to earn business rewards transferable to Qantas at a high rate, the American Express® Business Gold Card is one of the best business credit cards to do the job.
It earns 4X Membership Rewards Points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month. Those select categories are gas station, shipping, advertisement, restaurant, and computer hardware, software, or cloud computing purchases made in the U.S. and airfare. Points earned can be transferred to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio.
One of the best benefits of the American Express Business Gold Card is the 25% rebate on airfare bookings made through amextravel.com. This allows you to redeem your points for around 1.3 cents in value when you factor in the points credited back to your account and is a great alternative if you can't find a good redemption with Qantas.
- Airline Bonus: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.
- Earn up to $300 in statement credits on eligible U.S. advertising and U.S. shipping purchases.
- Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option with interest to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
Best For Small Businesses
If you want to earn a steady stream of rewards at a flat rate, you'll want to consider The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express.
It earns 2X Membership Rewards Points on the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year, then 1X for the remainder of the calendar year. Points can be transferred to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio.
If you're planning on maximizing your rewards in the Membership Rewards program, you'll want to make sure The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card is included in your line-up as it is the best credit card in the program when it comes to earning on miscellaneous purchases.
- Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- You've got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.24% - 19.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply.
Best Credit Cards For Qantas Points Summary
|Credit Card||Best For||Annual Fee||See All Available Offers|
|Citi Premier® Card||Best Overall For Qantas Points||$95||Learn More|
|Best For Airfare & Lounge Access||The Platinum Card® from American Express||$695||Learn More|
|American Express® Gold Card||Best For Restaurants & Big Supermarket Spenders||$250||Learn More|
|American Express® Business Gold Card||Best Overall For Earning On Business Spend||$295||Learn More|
|The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express||Best For Small Businesses||$0||Learn More|
Best Credit Cards For Qantas Points Calculator
The Best Credit Cards For Qantas Points Calculator will give you an idea of which credit cards will offer earn you the most Qantas Points based on your spend.
Results will be sorted by net return which is the average value of the rewards earned, plus annual credits, and minus annual fees. You'll want to take into consideration the benefits a card offers as well on top of the estimated value calculated.
Results will consist of top-rated credit cards that either earn Qantas Points directly or earn rewards that can be transferred directly to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
The results listed below consist of co-branded credit cards and credit cards that allow you to transfer rewards to the program covered on this page. The earning amounts listed for transfer partner credit cards are based on the transfer ratio.
Rewards Calculator - Learn more about the card(s), dive deeper into calculating rewards, and compare results side by side other cards featured on the site.
See All Available Offers - Apply for cards through our partner and get the up-to-date details on rates & fees, intro bonuses, credit score recommendations, and more.