Current Intro Bonus
Earn 60,000 bonus points plus a 30% off promo code after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- For every $10,000 you spend on your Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card during the calendar year, you'll receive 1,500 Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) towards A-List status. There's no limit on how many TQPs you can earn.
- Every year after your card anniversary, you'll receive 6,000 anniversary points just for being a Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card holder.
- As a Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card holder, you'll receive 2 EarlyBird Check-In per year. This grants automatic check-in, a better boarding position, and earlier access to overhand bins.
- When you use your Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card to pay for in-flight purchases on Southwest-operated flights, you'll receive 25% back in the form of a statement credit.
The Point Calculator values Southwest Points at 1.3 cents each on average when redeemed for award flights. This means that 10,000 Southwest points is equal to about $130 in flight value.
|Redemption Options||Redemption Value (in cents)|
|$50+ Gift Cards||0.531|
Learn More: Calculate Southwest points to dollars
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card has an annual fee of $99.
Southwest Points Calculator
Calculate how many Rapid Rewards Points you can earn with the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card based on spend and the cash value of those miles. Results can be compared side by side any U.S. credit card featured on the site.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.
Other Ways To Earn
The Southwest Rapid Rewards program is a direct transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards along with several hotel loyalty programs. This opens several additional ways you can add Southwest points to your account.
Here's the full list of partners that allow you to transfer points to Southwest:
Learn More: Transfer Points To Southwest Using These Credit Card Partners
Earning Rate Comparison
There are several partner credit cards that you can use to earn Southwest points thanks to transfer partners. Check out the table below to see how the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card earning rates per $1 spent stacks up against Southwest and other partner credit cards.
We've run the calculations for you and here are our top picks for best credit cards of 2023:
- Best premium card for unlimited miles: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
- Best for flexible travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Best for everyday spend and travel: Citi Premier® Card.
- Best cash back card for groceries: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- Best for dining and supermarkets: American Express® Gold Card
- Best for business travel rewards: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
- Best cash back business card: Capital One Spark Cash Plus
Our Credit Card Rewards calculator can help you find the perfect card and offers based on your monthly and yearly spending habits. Simply enter your spend amounts into our tool and let us do the work for you!