Current Intro Bonus
Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Key Cardholder Benefits
- Every year, you'll receive up to $75 back on Southwest purchases made throughout the anniversary year with the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card. These credits will post the same day that the Southwest Airline purchase posts to your account.
- As a Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card holder, you'll receive 4 upgraded bookings per anniversary year that applies to positions A1-A15 on Southwest Airlines. These can be purchased at the departure gate or ticket counter on the day of travel only.
- Every year after your card anniversary, you'll receive 7,500 anniversary points just for being a Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card holder.
- For every $10,000 you spend on the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card during the calendar year, you'll receive 1,500 Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) towards A-List status. There's no limit on how many TQPs you can earn.
- When you use the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card to pay for in-flight purchases on Southwest-operated flights, you'll receive 25% back in the form of a statement credit.
The Point Calculator values Southwest Points at 1.3 cents each on average when redeemed for award flights. This means that 10,000 Southwest points is equal to about $130 in flight value.
|Redemption Options||Redemption Value (in cents)|
|$50+ Gift Cards||0.531|
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card has an annual fee of $149.
Southwest Points Calculator
Calculate how many Rapid Rewards Points you can earn with the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card based on spend and the cash value of those miles. Results can be compared side by side any U.S. credit card featured on the site.
Any spend entered into the primary card column (the first column) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site, so there's no need to re-enter spend when viewing other credit cards.
Other Ways To Earn
The Southwest Rapid Rewards program is a direct transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards along with several hotel loyalty programs. This opens several additional ways you can add Southwest points to your account.
Here's the full list of partners that allow you to transfer points to Southwest:
Earning Rate Comparison
There are several partner credit cards that you can use to earn Southwest points thanks to transfer partners. Check out the table below to see how the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card earning rates per $1 spent stacks up against Southwest and other partner credit cards.