The Virgin Atlantic Mastercard is a co-branded airline card provided by Bank of America. While it does provide a solid return on Virgin Atlantic points, it comes up short when it comes to any real perks when flying the airline. There's no priority perks, no way to spend your way to status, and no waived fees. The only thing the card really provides is points and those can be earned easily with several transfer partners.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
The Virgin Atlantic Mastercard features one bonus category which is purchases directly with Virgin Atlantic. There's no limit to the amount of miles you can earn with this card.
- 3x Virgin Atlantic Purchases
- Includes Virgin Atlantic Airways tickets and duty free items purchased directly from Virgin Atlantic Airways.
- Buying Flying Club Miles (Buy/Gift/Boost/Transfer miles) does not qualify for the bonus.
- 1.5x Non-Category
Perks & Benefits
The Virgin Atlantic Mastercard offers bonus miles and a discounted award ticket with both benefits being obtainable after running spend through the card.
- 15,000 Bonus Flying Club Miles
- Earn 7,500 miles after spending a minimum of $15,000 on the card during the anniversary year.
- Earn an additional 7,500 miles after spending a minimum of $25,000 on the card during the anniversary year.
- Gives you a grand total of 15,000 miles after $25,000 in spend.
- 50% Off 2nd Reward Ticket
- Get a second award ticket for half the miles when you redeem your miles for a Virgin Atlantic Economy reward ticket.
- Benefit is only available after spending $25,000 on the card during the calendar year.
- Benefit is only once per year.
- Taxes and fees will still need to be paid.
Sign Up Bonus
The standard sign up bonus for the Virgin Atlantic Mastercard is 30,000 Flying Club Miles after spending $1,000 in purchases during the first 90 days of account opening.
The annual fee for the Virgin Atlantic Mastercard is $90. All of the perks of this card requires heavy spend. If you're able to run enough spend through this card to hit those goals, the card could very well be worth it. If not, you can generally get better earnings using transfer partner credit cards.
Authorized User Fee
The Virgin Atlantic Mastercard has an authorized user fee of $0. This means you can add friends and family as additional users to help you build your Flying Club Miles faster. If you end up getting this card, the 1.5x earning rate for non-category makes it worth adding authorized users.
Foreign Transaction Fee
The foreign transaction fee for the Virgin Atlantic Mastercard is 0%. This allows you to earn the same great rate of Flying Club Miles outside of the United States without worry about being penalized for international purchases.
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.