The HSBC Premier World Mastercard is a no-annual fee travel card available to HSBC Premier clients. This card earns 2x points on travel purchases and offers a TSA PreCheck credit, annual rideshare credits, and good travel coverage. The card also has no foreign transaction fee which makes it a decent card for international travel. You can pair it with the HSBC Advance Mastercard or HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard to have a great fee-less card combo.
|Authorized User Fee|
|Foreign Transaction Fee|
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard features one bonus categories which is travel purchases. There's no limit to the amount of bonus points you can earn spending in the travel category and there's no limit to the amount of points you can earn with the card overall.
- 2x Travel
- Travel purchases are considered to be:
- Car Rentals
- Other Travel-like Charges
- Travel purchases are considered to be:
- 1x Non-Category
Perks & Benefits
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard features a few additional benefits over the HSBC Advance Mastercard that can help those who travel even more. This includes global WiFi access, TSA PreCheck, discounts on bookings, annual credits, and other savings.
- Boingo Wi-Fi Access
- $85 TSA PreCheck Credit
- 10% Off Select Hotel Portals
- MasterRental Coverage
- Covers physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles.
- MasterCard Travel & Lifestyle Services
- Offers luxury travel perks, amenities, and upgrades at some travel destinations.
- Mastercard Airport Concierge
- 15% off meet and greet services; agent escorts you through the airport on departures, arrivals, or connecting flights.
- Shoprunner Membership
- Free 2-day shipping and free return shipping at more than 140 online stores.
- Annual $50 Uber/Lyft Credit
- Postmates Discount
- $5 off orders of $25 or more for delivery of food, drinks, and groceries.
- Does not include taxes, delivery fees, and tips.
- Priceless Golf
- Discounted access to select golf courses.
- Complimentary grounds passes for PGA Tournaments.
- Priceless Lessons with PGA Tour professionals.
- Cellular Wireless Telephone Protection
- Up to $600 per claim.
- Travel Insurance & Coverage
Sign Up Bonus
The standard sign up bonus for the HSBC Premier World Mastercard is 35,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months from account opening. HSBC has this pegged at a value of at least $400 in air travel. Most other redemptions will give you 1 cent and lower.
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard has a $0 annual fee for HSBC Premier clients which is great considering that the card offers a good amount of useful benefits as well as an annual credit.
HSBC members who no longer has an eligible HSBC Premier checking account will have to pay a $95 annual fee. The $50 in annual credits bring down the true fee to $45 which isn't bad if you don't have TSA PreCheck, but you can generally find a better cards without the fees.
Authorized User Fee
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard has a $0 authorized user fee. I recommend adding family and friends if you want to earn some additional HSBC Points on travel spend.
Foreign Transaction Fee
The HSBC Premier World Mastercard has a 0% Foreign Transaction Fee which makes it a decent option for those looking to earn HSBC Points on international travel. Depending on how much you spend on travel, you may want to consider the HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard.
You can use the rewards calculator to calculate how many points, miles, or cash back you can earn based on your spend per category. This calculator will also give you the dollar value of the card based on the value of the rewards earned and how much each benefit is worth to you, minus the annual fees. You can click the Compare A Card button to compare this card side by side any other card featured on the site within the same calculator.
Note! All category spend entered in the primary card's column (first column when comparing cards) will carry over to all credit card calculators on the site. This means you will not have to re-enter the same information again and again when browsing during the session.